Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

so what do you do when a GROWNUP opens the gifts early?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
Yesterday I got one of dhs gifts. He wanted a chair for the living room. So I got one. Well I had no where to put the enormous box. So I set it in the dinning room until later that night.

So my mom, I and DD left and went out to eat. I thought dh was working until 7... but nope.. he got off at 6.

So we came home. My DD was going to sleep over at my moms so it was just me. It was a little after 7 but figured I still had time to hide the box in dds room... the box was not in the dinning room...

I run the the living room and I see dh, sitting in the chair. With a big smile on his face! He looked at me and said 'thanks honey!'

Wtf! I told him to get off the chair and put it back in the damn box lol. He refused! What could I do though? He's an adult... lmao

So I told him that he can't tell anyone he got the chair.. and come Christmas morning we are putting a giant bow on it!

And here I thought... it would be my 3 year old who would be unwrapping gifts... not my dh.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Lmao! Turd!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:29 PM
I would throw it out. I would be livid.
luckysevenwow
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Technically he didn't unwrap his present..it was just sitting there.

However it's still a funny story lol
LucyHarper
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:31 PM

I would tell him that I got it for him for Christmas so he is to either put it back in the box and not touch it again or it's getting returned to the store, same rules as the kids have.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Lmfao that's what he said!

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Technically he didn't unwrap his present..it was just sitting there.

However it's still a funny story lol

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:32 PM
I would be pissed.
kaitlynherring
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:32 PM
You obviously made him happy so be glad you did good and let it be.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Yea I told him he isn't going to have many gifts under the tree lol. He didn't care. He did this for his birthday gift to. His birthday is next week and he wanted that new Xbox 360 game. I preordered it for the 17th of last month. It came in and he took it out and was playing it when I got home. I think I'm going to hide stuff at my moms from now on.. I gave him hell for that but I guess its my fault lol. I did leave the box just sitting there. :/

Quoting LucyHarper:

I would tell him that I got it for him for Christmas so he is to either put it back in the box and not touch it again or it's getting returned to the store, same rules as the kids have.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Technically, it was your fault not his, you should have hid it as soon as you got it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:36 PM

She's the one who left it out in plain view, how was he to know that it was a Christmas gift?

Quoting sandra_t00:

I would be pissed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)