Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do some of you act like there aren't any fat people in any other country but America?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies

The UK doesn't have fat people? What about India? I'm sure I've seen plenty of big fat Hindu women in their temples. How about you realize that fat people are everywhere and aren't going anywhere.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Grumpylilpixy
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I have seen fat German women, I used to party with them and their husbands when I was married to a German member.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this

fat is the new fashion.

jillbailey26
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Nope.  America is the only one.  Everyone in every other country eats less and exercises more than us fatty Americans.  :)

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:32 PM
It's more fun to bash on americans with their huge diamond rings, food stamps, and welfare. Didn't you know?
TrouserMouse
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:33 PM
5 moms liked this
Like it or not, we are one of the fattest, unhealthiest nations. Our culture is very gluttonous.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
summerbear
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:33 PM
2 moms liked this
In some cultures a fat woman is idolized.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:34 PM

America gets a lot of flack for it, because usually they are the only ones that glorify it.  Think about it. Most of those people that pull the "'Murica is the greatest country in the world. We don't need no book learnin' bout other places, cause this is 'Murica!!!", are obese and clad in their Wal Mart finest.

You don't hear much about the people in India glorifying the lack of education and proper dietary habits.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:34 PM

of course

Quoting Anonymous:

It's more fun to bash on americans with their huge diamond rings, food stamps, and welfare. Didn't you know?

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Generally speaking, American and Canadian women are fatter than the rest of the world.  Hindu women can be heavy as well - but not the ones IN India.  That's rare.  Older Russian women - I saw a lot of tem in Moscow that were quite heavy, but the younger ones (under 50 or so) were all quite fit.

I have traveled to many countries, and in NO OTHER country except Canada do restaurants serve such large meals.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:34 PM

You're kidding me. You've never seen a fat Asian lady? Give me a fxckin break. That's a joke.

Quoting jillbailey26:

Nope.  America is the only one.  Everyone in every other country eats less and exercises more than us fatty Americans.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)