Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are there any Moms left that believe living together or shacking up (NOT MARRIED) is wrong?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 98 Replies

I still think it's wrong for me but I don't judge. I'm just saying it's wrong for me. Am I the only person who feels this way? It really seems like everyone does it and it's not a big deal that it used to be years, decades ago even.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:12 PM

To declare something wrong is a judgement call. There's nothing wrong with having an opinion. Own it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I said it's wrong "for me" did you miss that part? I said for ME

Quoting Anonymous:

To declare something wrong is a judgement call. There's nothing wrong with having an opinion. Own it.

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:14 PM

I feel the same way. Wrong for me, but I am not going to judge people who do it.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:14 PM

It was wrong for us.  We chose to not live together to keep the novelty going so to speak after getting married.  I thought it was romantic to come home from our honeymoon and still have it going.  I don't think that time figuring each other out and the excitement of being together all the time would have been as special as it was if we'd lived together before.  There wouldn't have been any thrill to coming back and going back to our same old routine.  By not living together first we had something else to look forward to after we were married.

LynBoz
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:14 PM
My friends parents think it's wrong. Her parents are in their 50s and they gave her and her sister a ton of shit about " living in sin". I personally don't find anything wrong with it. My husband and I lived together before we were married.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:14 PM
3 moms liked this

I didn't miss it. I'm tired of people being so disingenuous. Saying "it's wrong for me" is basically saying, "It's wrong but I'm too scared to tell other people that I think theyr'e doing the wrong thing so I'm going to say it's only wrong for me instead."

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:15 PM
Bf and I live together with two kids. Not married. Boy do I get bashed on cm for it.
Peaceful.chaos
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:15 PM
2 moms liked this
You might be. I don't think marriage is necessary to have a happy family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:15 PM

You're seeing more into something I didn't write. It doesn't matter to me what you think my intentions were.

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't miss it. I'm tired of people being so disengenous. Saying "it's wrong for me" is basically saying, "It's wrong but I'm too scared to tell other people that I think theyr'e doing the wrong thing so I'm going to say it's only wrong for me instead."

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:16 PM

I think it's wrong.  But, I live my life (married for 3.5 years before having kids) the way I want.  Anyone else-what they do is their problem.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)