Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Formula fed babies STINK!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

And that's my confession.  I honestly feel like breastmilk-fed, cloth diapered, natural babies smell so much sweeter than FF babies.  Makes me gag.  This is actually something that other BF moms have brought up to me so I know I'm not alone here.  

Cue the, 'want a cookie?', 'no one cares about your opinion', and 'judgmental much?' type comments.  It's honest, I feel kinda bad for saying it, but it's my confession.  Agree or disagree?  

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Replies (221-230):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 47 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:36 PM
I dnt go around baby sniffing
Anonymous
by Anonymous 48 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this
My baby shits daisies
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:39 PM

I have never heard of that. So my son was BF with a little formula thrown in. Did he stink or smell sweet? O.o

OrientalLily
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Completely disagree. Both of my kids were formula fed, and no, they did not, and do not stink. I found that having clean diapers/bums, clean clothes, and regularly bathed children combated any smell they may have...
SWasson
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:43 PM

If you really felt bad for saying it, you wouldn't. Instead, you're reinforcing your own belief that X is better than Y, while "apologizing" for saying something judgmental.

ebbierowe
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Who is going around smelling peoples babies?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 42 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this
And? What's your point? This is the reason men think women are stupid and simple. Posts like this, attacking each other and comparing shit. Fucking stupid. I'm out.

Quoting seraphimsong:

Bf babies poop doesn't usually smell nearly as strong as a ff baby. Sometimes you don't even know they have pooped unless you are super close to them as opposed to smelling it across the room

Quoting Anonymous:

I find shit offensive to my nostrils from any diet. I think it's weird to have a conversation discussing the way poop smells. It's fucking shit, it stinks. You broads are so fuckin weird on this site.
Quoting mom2ljh:

Actually, before we went to formula, my son's poop smelled like popcorn. Sort of weirded me out, lol. Anyhow, not defending the OP, just saying that bm feces does have a very different, often less offensive, odor.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, shit smells like shit. So, this is a stupid fucking post. I've never smelled a shitty diaper and said "oh yeah, she's formula fed!" Fucking stupid. Just a way for you to try and make yourself feel better about your sad pathetic little life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 49 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:45 PM
No, the diapers themselves smell differently. Disposables have this odd, chemically smell. Cloth only smells when the child poops or pees. I use both cloth and disposables and my baby's butt smells odd when in disposables. I believe that is what she is referring to.

Quoting Anonymous:

So basically poo smells better in a cloth diaper then in a disposable one??? I dont think so Shit smells the same no matter what is on your butt.

HunternChase
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:45 PM
I have to agree with you on that.. Haha

Quoting jojo827:

I think only the alimentum formula stinks

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
yikesitsmindy
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:46 PM

ALL POOP STINKS! I dont think actual poo was really the question. More the odor that formula seems to give some babies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)