Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Formula fed babies STINK!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

And that's my confession.  I honestly feel like breastmilk-fed, cloth diapered, natural babies smell so much sweeter than FF babies.  Makes me gag.  This is actually something that other BF moms have brought up to me so I know I'm not alone here.  

Cue the, 'want a cookie?', 'no one cares about your opinion', and 'judgmental much?' type comments.  It's honest, I feel kinda bad for saying it, but it's my confession.  Agree or disagree?  

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Replies (251-260):
MamaDee83
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:35 PM

I don't know if FF babies stink in general, but their poop certainly does!!! It smells so much more pungent and gross than a BF baby's poop does.... *gag*

MAybe you are sensitive to whatever is coming through their pores - It only stands to reason that whatever you eat is going to come out in your sweat/body odor. Think about garlic and curry - why not formula?

LuLuThatsWho
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Formula diapers smell horrible, but I haven't noticed the actual formula-fed baby being stinky.  I switched my babies to formula halfway to a year old when I returned to work, and I remember being amazed at the new poopy diaper smell.  I can't imagine a smell like that coming from a newborn!!

Rhodin
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:36 PM

My BFed babies occasionally smell like cheese.

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Ok, but to call my baby stinky us rude. You're right, its rare. But it happened to us.

Quoting Anonymous:

Extremely rare...

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Pretty fucking amazing in most cases. In mine it could make my child very sick.

Quoting Anonymous:

The perfect milk, tailor made for individual babies(even different for twins, boys, and girls.) Prevents illnesses, cures illnesses(pink eye, ear infection, etc.) Prevents HIV infection in babies of HIV positive mothers(for first 6 months.) Studies show it may have potential to cure cancer. Pretty fucking amazing to me!

Quoting jamamama00:

I think you lactivists are completely fucking nuts. I think you all work yourselves up into an almost delusional state, where you think you're really doing something magical. It's bizarre....it's just milk....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ixrockxpink
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:47 PM
Don't agree. My son was breast fed for around 7 or so weeks and smells the same as he always has.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:02 PM
I'm not OP but it is rare and my formula fed kids STUNK...

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Ok, but to call my baby stinky us rude. You're right, its rare. But it happened to us.

Quoting Anonymous:

Extremely rare...

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Quoting Anonymous:

The perfect milk, tailor made for individual babies(even different for twins, boys, and girls.) Prevents illnesses, cures illnesses(pink eye, ear infection, etc.) Prevents HIV infection in babies of HIV positive mothers(for first 6 months.) Studies show it may have potential to cure cancer. Pretty fucking amazing to me!

Quoting jamamama00:

I think you lactivists are completely fucking nuts. I think you all work yourselves up into an almost delusional state, where you think you're really doing something magical. It's bizarre....it's just milk....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:04 PM

right?  my baby stinks when he drinks formula, you dont see me getting all buthurt over the op.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not OP but it is rare and my formula fed kids STUNK...

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Quoting Anonymous:

Extremely rare...

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jamamama00:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 53 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Yea so that is why I spray my baby with febreze

ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:05 PM

my nephew gets breastmilk from bottles one and he is soooo stinky. so i dont think it's just formula fed babies.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 54 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:07 PM

I think that statement stinks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)