Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Formula fed babies STINK!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

And that's my confession.  I honestly feel like breastmilk-fed, cloth diapered, natural babies smell so much sweeter than FF babies.  Makes me gag.  This is actually something that other BF moms have brought up to me so I know I'm not alone here.  

Cue the, 'want a cookie?', 'no one cares about your opinion', and 'judgmental much?' type comments.  It's honest, I feel kinda bad for saying it, but it's my confession.  Agree or disagree?  

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Replies (41-50):
Mommytorn
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:01 PM
I agree..I had to give both my kids formula and the smell is terrible they needed to be washed after every bottle
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2b2324
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:02 PM
Wow.

Quoting Anonymous:

So does your pussy

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SB2217
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:02 PM
My babies smelled sweet when I was bfing. I had switching formula. Their poop smells bad and formula breath/burps are yuck! I LOVE the smell of bf babies!!
We cloth diaper but I don't see a difference except for the lack of soggy diapers and blow outs. Smells the same though. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Eliots_momma
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:02 PM
I think my bf baby's poo smells like popcorn :). I wholeheartedly agree with you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:02 PM

I don't know what breastfed babies smell like but I do know what my formula fed babies smelled like...they smelled good to me and I don't know if its because they are my babies or what. Just there smell made my heart melt. As for their poop...my oldest son's poop didn't smell much but my second born...holy crap...he had the stinkiest shit ever. lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:02 PM
My BF babies' poop smelled like butterscotch. It didn't stink at all

Quoting LovingSAHMommy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting emptynesst:

I have a niece who loves the smell of baby spit up from formula fed babies! Lol. I make fun of her all the time!

I can't hardly change a FF babies diaper because it's so foul to me.  BF babies on the other hand have sweet milky breath that I can't get enough of.  That's probably gross to some people, but I think it's heavenly. :)  

Ok...you went from talking about poop to smelling breath. Poop stinks? No shit? Do you like the smell of a breast fed babies poop too?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this
How delightfully crass.

Quoting Anonymous:

So does your pussy
HunternChase
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:02 PM
Well all of mine were ff and did not stink at all.. Haha.. My sister keeps kids in her home and she watches a baby that is bf and she said he stinks all the freakin time..
Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:03 PM
Disagree. My babies both had there own scents and neither of them stunk(unless poopy or farting). My oldest tended to smell better(FF), because he wasn't constantly passing stinky gas... He farted a lot but it didn't stink. My youngest(BF) was ALWAYS gassy and farting and it smelled HORRIBLE!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, well do you feel better now? Since you decided to go on here and tell every ff mom that your child smelled better just because you decided to let it suck your tit? Gag me.

Don't be so sensitive.  I found that my bf baby smelled almost exactly like baking bread when he had a dirty diaper and his breath was super sweet.  Then I started watching a little FF babe and the difference was pronounced.  I'm not trying to be a jerk, just wanted to see how many mom's agreed with me on this one.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)