Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ever been asked this by an officer? EDIT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 102 Replies
Dh was pulled over & asked for his license etc. He asked the officer why he got pulled over & the officer said it was just a routine stop. Then he asked dh, "so sir, how did you get this car?"

Dh: I bought it

officer: what do you do?

Dh: i'm a residential counselor

Officer:(laughs) right, who do you work for?

Dh: RI ...if you don't need anything else, I really need to get to work. You can follow me there if you want to & explain to my boss why i'm late.

Officer: you can go

He followed dh half way to his job.

EDIT: Some of you ladies said maybe it's because dh's car matched a stolen car, so just thought I update :) Mil just got back from dinner with a friend of hers who is a leutinent(sp?) here. She said she told him about dh getting pulled over. Her friend said that if dh's car matched a stolen car, the officer wouldn't have cared if dh was going to be late for work. He wouldn't let dh go until his plate was cleared. The friend said the officer would've known if it was stolen or not before going back up to dh & asking about how he got the car etc. The leutinent said he will be talking to the officer tomorrow.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Traceyssel
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Nope
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:11 PM
BTW: DH's car is no mercedes, lexus, etc lol. He paid $6,200 for it lol.
purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:11 PM

My wife has been asked that before. She was pulled over at like 2am for a busted license plate light bulb. The officer asked where she was going. She said work. Officer asked where she worked. My wife explained that it is a grocery store. Officer let her go with a warning. The officer said she usually only sees drunks at that hour, lol.

toopicky429
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:11 PM
When my husband and I were dating an officer questioned him about how he got his car. He was 24 so I guess they assumed a 24 year old wouldn't have a nice car, lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
idareyou
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:12 PM

What kind of car? What race is your DH? Sounds like he was trying to profile him possibly, but without details it's hard to even speculate that.

Destiny907
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe he got stopped by a Sooper Trooper!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:13 PM
Lol......dh works at 8a.m

Quoting purpleducky:

My wife has been asked that before. She was pulled over at like 2am for a busted license plate light bulb. The officer asked where she was going. She said work. Officer asked where she worked. My wife explained that it is a grocery store. Officer let her go with a warning. The officer said she usually only sees drunks at that hour, lol.

dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:13 PM

no...i had a cop ask me whose car it was, and i said mine. i thought it was odd bc i had already given him my insurance and everything and he already ran my plates, and the car is registered to me. then he asked if ive ever been arrested. i said no.... (totally thinking "shit is he going to arrest me? i was only going 80!" which was 10 miles over) then he said "ok, have a good day, here's a warning, slow down." and left.

ive never had another cop ask me those things all the other times ive been stopped.

mom_dl6
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:13 PM

WOW seems like his asshole button was on.....SMDH !

beerabitch69
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Wow what a pain.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN