Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I feel bad for thinking this way...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
A few weeks ago I was told I was having another boy. I already have one son and would love to have a girl. When I found out, I was kinda disappointed but I got over it after a few days. I went to my 19 wk sonogram Wednesday and now we don't know what it is. I'm going back in 4 wks to specify the gender again and deep down I'm getting hope that it is a girl. I'd love my children no matter the gender but I can't help feeling this way sometimes, especially seeing all my nieces I have and the cute baby girl stuff at stores. :(
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FL2AK
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:19 PM
2 moms liked this
You are normal for feeling that way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MWV85
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:19 PM

there is nothing wrong with feeling that way.

lovinmama411
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Don't feel bad, when the ultrasound tech told me my second baby was a boy, I started crying right there on the table, lol. I wanted a girl soooo bad! But now I am totally happy with my two boys and have no desire for another baby, girl or boy. My boys are close in age and they are really close, I'm glad they have each other and can share things like clothes and transformers, lol. Plus, I like knowing I never have to deal with a teenage girl, the thought scares me a little.

1stpreggers
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:21 PM
I'm confused they said boy and now they aren't sure? They can tell gender @14 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1stpreggers
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Same here!

Quoting lovinmama411:

Don't feel bad, when the ultrasound tech told me my second baby was a boy, I started crying right there on the table, lol. I wanted a girl soooo bad! But now I am totally happy with my two boys and have no desire for another baby, girl or boy. My boys are close in age and they are really close, I'm glad they have each other and can share things like clothes and transformers, lol. Plus, I like knowing I never have to deal with a teenage girl, the thought scares me a little.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy74146
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:23 PM
Go ahead and google birth defects or neural tube defects... Then be thankful it doesn't have any of that, no matter the gender. I'm not trying to sound bitchy but I have seen a many fetal demise and not too long ago seen a oligohydramnios and a fetus with no cranial contents. Just be thankful it's healthy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Quoting FL2AK:

You are normal for feeling that way.

mommy74146
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:24 PM
It's not that accurate at 14 weeks. It's best to wait til 19-20 weeks.

Quoting 1stpreggers:

I'm confused they said boy and now they aren't sure? They can tell gender @14 weeks.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:25 PM
It's normal to feel a small disappointment if you hoped for one gender over the other, but if the baby is a boy the disappointment will fade when you see his cute little face for the first time.
xixCandyxix
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Can you get a 3d ultrasound? And it's OK to feel this way. I've got 3 sons and am dying for a girl. Maybe when I get to that point with this man, maybe we will have a girl someday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN