Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I feel bad for thinking this way...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
A few weeks ago I was told I was having another boy. I already have one son and would love to have a girl. When I found out, I was kinda disappointed but I got over it after a few days. I went to my 19 wk sonogram Wednesday and now we don't know what it is. I'm going back in 4 wks to specify the gender again and deep down I'm getting hope that it is a girl. I'd love my children no matter the gender but I can't help feeling this way sometimes, especially seeing all my nieces I have and the cute baby girl stuff at stores. :(
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:18 PM
Replies (11-18):
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:34 PM

they cant tell until 21 wks plus...especially for girls. i didnt get a positive on my girl until 30wks

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:34 PM
Op don't google the stuff suggested. You don't need to worry yourself reading about birth defects just because you may have gender disappointment.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
1stpreggers
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:34 PM
I don't think so mommies(including myself ) that I know irl got gender @ 14 weeks. All accurate.

Quoting mommy74146:

It's not that accurate at 14 weeks. It's best to wait til 19-20 weeks.

Quoting 1stpreggers:

I'm confused they said boy and now they aren't sure? They can tell gender @14 weeks.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy74146
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:36 PM
I do ultrasounds for a living. They are not THAT accurate, as in they can be right but at the same time can be wrong so early in pregnancy.

Quoting 1stpreggers:

I don't think so mommies(including myself ) that I know irl got gender @ 14 weeks. All accurate.

Quoting mommy74146:

It's not that accurate at 14 weeks. It's best to wait til 19-20 weeks.

Quoting 1stpreggers:

I'm confused they said boy and now they aren't sure? They can tell gender @14 weeks.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ihave1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:37 PM

I cried like a baby when they told me I was having a girl.  I really wanted a boy. 

I am so SO glad I have a girl I just know she is the perfect child for me!!  I will pray you get what you want. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:42 PM
I know that feeling. I literally went into a deep depression with all 3 of my boys. My first I cried immediately when the U/S tech said boy. My 4th is my girl and I asked every time at my weekly U/S after 20 weeks if she was a girl and then again at her birth.
mom-2-4boys
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Seeing post like this makes me wonder why ppl are given the choice to know what gender the baby is before it is born. Does it really matter as long as the baby is healthy?

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:23 PM

It's normal to feel that way

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)