Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Soda diet

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Does anyone just drink a pop when they are hungry and then not eat food for the entire day?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Replies (41-43):
Oceana09
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:35 PM

I have done that when I was working for a convenient store. We didn't get breaks so it was easier to just drink soda. That I only did though if he had me working doubles.

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:39 PM
Breakfast is the MOST important meal. It boost your metobolism.
Fruit juices are also bad because of the sugars.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you keep moving around your body has to burn some calories. It cannot afford to store it all.

I hate eating breakfast. Maybe if I just eat dinner and drink fruit juice with butt loads of water throughout the day like the other lady suggested.

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Actually, your body will go into starvation mode. It will start storing any nutrients it gets, good or no. In turn, you gain MORE weight.

When trying to lose weight it is best to eat small, healthy meals during the day and LOTS of water.

I made those major changes to my diet and dropped 15 lbs in 1 month.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, but if I don't eat anything else my body will be forced to use it as energy and also take from fat reserves already there.

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Just because it doesn't say on the label doesn't mean it isn't there.

Sugar and carbs turn to fat.

Quoting Anonymous:

There is no fat in soda. . .

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Because the sugars, carbs and fat in soda is SO going to make you drop weight.

Try some high fibre fruits and veggies and maybe some water. Shocker, I know!!

Quoting Anonymous:

What if you don't care? You just want to be thinner but you don't want to feel hungry all the time.

Quoting edelweiss23:

No. Because it is unhealthy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluedolly01
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:41 PM
If this is truly going through your mind then a couple of things you NEED to do.

1. Research the effects of sugar on the body and the brain, soda might curb the urge to eat for a while but when you crash from the sugar high, you WILL be hungry.

2. Understand that depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain. It CAN be fixed by eating healthy and exercising. (not all but a lot of cases). Unless of course you actually enjoy your depressed state and don't actully want to fix it. Any good Dr who is treating your for depression will be telling you how important good diet and exercise is in treating this condition. Yes I have had depression diagnosed in the past so understand where you are at.

3. Being skinny WON'T make you happy. When you get to what you believe to be skinny then there will be some other reason for your depression.

4. Treatment of the cause is ALWAYS better than the treatment of the symptoms which is what you are trying to do.

I really hope you decide against this really dangerous pathway and do something healthy for you body and your mind.

Oh and something for you to think about... Why do the opinions of others in day to day life matter so much to you? You should be living your life you you NOT for others.

Quoting Anonymous:

Today, I struggle with my depression. I don't really care if I am healthy, I just want to be happier. Being thinner will make me happier. . . Depression is a troll, but I must live with it.

Quoting cableknit:

Obvious.

Quoting Anonymous:

Probably wont live to that point anyway. Besides, thin is healthy.

Quoting edelweiss23:

I would rather be healthy.

Soda removes calcium from your bones which in turn leads to osteoporoses.

Quoting Anonymous:

What if you don't care? You just want to be thinner but you don't want to feel hungry all the time.

Quoting edelweiss23:

No. Because it is unhealthy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN