Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Rode around town with my 1 yr old nephew and front faced him!!

Posted by   + Show Post
:O. How dare i?? While i was driving around i realized he has been ff since he was about 9 months. Oh well. Bash away. :p
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:13 PM
Replies (171-174):
SaraLovesEli29
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:03 AM
Some people just amaze me with how they think they know everything. I'm not even wasting my time replying back to those type of people. Seriously. No one knows what is best for your child, but you.

Quoting leota29:

My DD just turned one a week ago and we are going to forward face her because she's 28 pounds and 34 inches. She's getting to tall to properly RF. Everyone think her and my DS who will be 2 next Sunday are twins. I'm pretty tall and it looks like she's going to be as well. DS is 29 pounds and 36 inches just for comparison.

Quoting SaraLovesEli29:

Well he is 24 pounds and 30 3/4 inches.

That's exactly 2 feet and 6 3/4 inches. If that's not tall enough I don't know what is.

I couldn't rear face him anymore seeing as his legs are too long and they fold up against the seat.

Some kids are just tall and some kids just meet the requirement sooner than others.

Who are we to say that this child didn't meet it earlier than others? We're not.

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Because it's not JUST weight that is a requirement. It's also age.

Quoting SaraLovesEli29:

My son started being forward faced at 11 months. He had met the weight requirement at 10 months, but I waited a little while. He is 13 months now and still forward facing. Who cares? If they meet the weight requirement it's not big deal.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:26 AM

wow really? my son is 3 and 33 lbs and in the 75th percentile. how is a 2 yr old even that large? my oldest who was always be the 100th percentiles was that size in kinder at 4. i cant even imagine how a child gets that big or how you wwould ever find things to fit

Quoting Anonymous:

Good for you.  All three of mine were 48lb by 2 and very tall

Quoting svolkov:

Our seat rf to 45lbs and 48 inches. My 3 yo is 39 in and 34 lbs and was just turned

Quoting KairisMama:

My son outgrew RF limits on his seat before he even turned two. :P Ive got a tall, solid boy.

Quoting svolkov:

Legal for now. Recommended minimum 2yrs. We already have legislation working thru to make it illegal to ff until 2 here

Quoting KairisMama:

Okay FF a 1 yo is legal. So,............

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Bitch it is called being tall.  The strape was too high for them.  My kids are in sports, etc.  it's normal

Quoting svolkov:

wow really? my son is 3 and 33 lbs and in the 75th percentile. how is a 2 yr old even that large? my oldest who was always be the 100th percentiles was that size in kinder at 4. i cant even imagine how a child gets that big or how you wwould ever find things to fit

Quoting Anonymous:

Good for you.  All three of mine were 48lb by 2 and very tall

Quoting svolkov:

Our seat rf to 45lbs and 48 inches. My 3 yo is 39 in and 34 lbs and was just turned

Quoting KairisMama:

My son outgrew RF limits on his seat before he even turned two. :P Ive got a tall, solid boy.

Quoting svolkov:

Legal for now. Recommended minimum 2yrs. We already have legislation working thru to make it illegal to ff until 2 here

Quoting KairisMama:

jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Yes, but you are MUCH safer and have better chance of surviving if you don't dive infront of a car walking back across the street. 

(just as your child has a much better chance of survival if you do extended rear facing). 

Quoting Anonymous:

People die everyday. I can die walking to get my mail.

Quoting jessi2girls:

Luck doesn't bring back the others that HAVE died. 

and I'm willing to bed a large amount of money it wasn't  a head on collision. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Ive been in a serious car accident (2008), and gasp my FF DD was UNHARMED. The car was totaled, and I had a lovely gash in my leg.

Yes we are doing better. In 1980 I came home from the hospital in my moms lap. In 2012 that's ILLEGAL. ;) Cry somewhere else.

Quoting jessi2girls:

No.. WE are not doing better..

I AND others who choose to follow the recommendations are doing better.. 

you.. however.. are still stuck in the past. 

BTW.. had you been in a serious car accident, you wouldn't be saying your one year old child is happy and healthy. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I can prevent many dangers if I wrap my kid in a bubble and never let him leave the house. : shrugs: No law was broken. Many FF one year old children who grow up happy and healthy.

Think about years past when car seats weren't even USED. Were doing better. ;)

Quoting jessi2girls:

There is a difference between preventable dangers, and accidental dangers.

FF a child too soon, is a danger that can be prevented by using common sense and education. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I myself don't tend to flip out on parents obeying the law. Jesus ANYTHING is a flipping danger. This Rf ff debate gets fing ridiculous. MY GOD a woman was following the law and driving with a kid in a car seat!! Call the media.

Quoting jessi2girls:

so... 

some states allow parents to let their children drink in their own home.. that doesn't mean we should let our kids get shit wasted every night!

Just because something is legal, doesn't mean it's the safest or wisest course of action. 

Quoting KairisMama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)