Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you text and drive?Honestly

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:10 PM
Replies (21-30):
LucyHarper
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:15 PM

No, it's not worth the risk of killing others and leaving my kids without a mother.

MamaRae85
by *you're on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:15 PM

LOL How do you know if it's an emergency, though?

I don't text nd drive. If I'm texting at a red light, I'll quit when it turns green. I'll take a call once in a while, but I'm trying to break the habit since it's illegal now, even with a headset.

Quoting poshkat:

No. I only answer if it's an emergency too.

jillbailey26
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Only if I'm at a red light.  If it turns green while I'm typing, I put the phone down.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Aydans_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:15 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:15 PM
No, I don't text, no phone
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ajrjj05
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:16 PM

I use  too, but I swerved to much and that stopped!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Just because you are the only person in YOUR car doesn't mean there are other people on the road your careless decisions could end up killing. No one gets it until they kill someone or someone they love is killed... So my post is pointless.

Quoting mattiehatter:

Sometimes, but never with other people in the car.

amanda_mom89
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:17 PM
Yes..if my mom or DH texts me i'll text back but i use the speech to text thing on my phone..so sometimes they get something silly.

If I'm going to be driving somewhere at night, when it's raining or navigating a bunch of busy streets then I turn on Drive Smart.

If i get a text it will automatically send them a text saying I'm driving. So cool.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poshkat
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:18 PM
Quoting MamaRae85:

If they call more than once or they're blowing up my phone with texts and calls. I will also answer the phone if it's an international phone call from my mom. I'll tell her to hold on and find a place to pull over.
mattiehatter
by Mary on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:21 PM
Ok you feel the need to chew me out fine. I don't text often when I am driving and when I do I use the speech to text feature.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just because you are the only person in YOUR car doesn't mean there are other people on the road your careless decisions could end up killing. No one gets it until they kill someone or someone they love is killed... So my post is pointless.

Quoting mattiehatter:

Sometimes, but never with other people in the car.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN