Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you text and drive?Honestly

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:10 PM
Replies (31-40):
amanda_mom89
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:21 PM
Did you know it's not illegal in every state? In texas it's only illegal in school zones while the light is flashing.

Not saying you were insinuating anything..just a little side blurb.

Quoting MamaRae85:

LOL How do you know if it's an emergency, though?

I don't text nd drive. If I'm texting at a red light, I'll quit when it turns green. I'll take a call once in a while, but I'm trying to break the habit since it's illegal now, even with a headset.

Quoting poshkat:

No. I only answer if it's an emergency too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
uriahadel
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:21 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:22 PM
Yep sometimes
MamaRae85
by *you're on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Ohhhh, I see. That makes perfect sense. I actually do that, too. Like, if I get four calls in 15 minutes from hubby.

Quoting poshkat:

Quoting MamaRae85:

If they call more than once or they're blowing up my phone with texts and calls. I will also answer the phone if it's an international phone call from my mom. I'll tell her to hold on and find a place to pull over.

lizmartinez
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:22 PM
Never. Don't care who's in the car with me. It's dangerous to me and to the people around me. Averting my eyes long enough to text is not worth someone's life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:22 PM
Not chewing you out just wishing some people would have an aha moment before someone they love ends up dead or they end up in prison.

Quoting mattiehatter:

Ok you feel the need to chew me out fine. I don't text often when I am driving and when I do I use the speech to text feature.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just because you are the only person in YOUR car doesn't mean there are other people on the road your careless decisions could end up killing. No one gets it until they kill someone or someone they love is killed... So my post is pointless.

Quoting mattiehatter:

Sometimes, but never with other people in the car.

uriahadel
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:22 PM
It is illegal here in georgia

Quoting amanda_mom89:

Did you know it's not illegal in every state? In texas it's only illegal in school zones while the light is flashing.

Not saying you were insinuating anything..just a little side blurb.

Quoting MamaRae85:

LOL How do you know if it's an emergency, though?

I don't text nd drive. If I'm texting at a red light, I'll quit when it turns green. I'll take a call once in a while, but I'm trying to break the habit since it's illegal now, even with a headset.

Quoting poshkat:

No. I only answer if it's an emergency too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Only at red lights or in traffic jams.

My phone will read the text if I have bluetooth attached which my car does automatically.

I have a friend who texts with both hands when he drivs.. i always  want to scream

poshkat
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting MamaRae85:

Yup. If it's important enough they will call back. I'm not putting my life or anyone else's to know that your cat is being cute or what you're making for dinner.
mattiehatter
by Mary on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:25 PM
I'm more likely to have a deer try to take me out anyway. I live in the boons.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not chewing you out just wishing some people would have an aha moment before someone they love ends up dead or they end up in prison.

Quoting mattiehatter:

Ok you feel the need to chew me out fine. I don't text often when I am driving and when I do I use the speech to text feature.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just because you are the only person in YOUR car doesn't mean there are other people on the road your careless decisions could end up killing. No one gets it until they kill someone or someone they love is killed... So my post is pointless.

Quoting mattiehatter:

Sometimes, but never with other people in the car.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)