Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I feel like I can't win

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

I'm newly separated.  I went from being a sahm to a working mom.  I found a nice respectable job, only they can only offer it pt for now but ft later.  I'm just so frustrated.  I can't pay my rent on my pt job along with other bills.  I've completely drained my savings.  I want to bang my head against the wall applying for fs.  I feel like I fail and I'll never be able to do it on my own and my only option is to go back to my x. 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jyofray
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Hey, it's not going to be easy but don't give up! You can do it! There are other things to help besides food stamps.. don't feel like a failure. You can make it! If you don't mind me asking.. what state are you in?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:46 PM

San Diego, ca

Quoting jyofray:

Hey, it's not going to be easy but don't give up! You can do it! There are other things to help besides food stamps.. don't feel like a failure. You can make it! If you don't mind me asking.. what state are you in?

jyofray
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I could do some searching for you if you don't mind and see if there's more help out there? I'm on the east coast but I'm sure I could find a few places for you
elijahXmom
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Why have you failed?

Schleetle
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Keep your head up. You are starting over, and it's okay to get help if you need it. You won't be stuck in this position forever.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:12 PM

because I have zero savings, I have to get on fs, I dropped out my senior year of college to have my babies, I just all around suck.  Everything is taken care of for the time being so for that Im thankful.  I've got christmas and january covered.  I'm just overwhelmed and scared out of my mind.

Quoting elijahXmom:

Why have you failed?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:13 PM

yes please.  if I don't spend anything and receive fs then I can cover my rent and needs minus 300 which I hope I can get from my x until I'm able to support us.

Quoting jyofray:

I could do some searching for you if you don't mind and see if there's more help out there? I'm on the east coast but I'm sure I could find a few places for you

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:20 PM

you can do it. look for a job that will give you full time (I understand that sometimes its not THAT easy) or let them know that you need fulltime by x date or else you will be forced to find full time somewhere else (I also see how this could quickly get you out of work so hopefully you see what I'm implying :D)

aiyess
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:22 PM
You are doing your best. Don't beat yourself up just because you truly need FS.
jyofray
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:23 PM
I don't have a pc but through mobile I found three food bank addresses three websites and a number all in your area. I will keep looking. Hope atleastone is helpful. 9850 distribution ave, 9455 waples st #135, 3690 Home Ave, helpforallfamilies.com, spaoa.org,first5sandiego.org, 858 751 5755
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)