Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son has a Guardian Angel...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have a son who has Autism. He has some trouble communicating and lots of fine motor skills issues. I entered him into a contest for an iPad and was notified he was a finalist last week... Sadly, he didn't win the contest. simple frown

I had posted onto my Facebook that he was a finalist and then updated so my friends would know he hadn't won... A few days later, I got a private message from a friend of a friend who also has a child with Autism, who I had only chatted with a few times online, but have never met in person. She said that she wanted to help another child in the community and would like to buy DS an iPad for Christmas because of how much the technology had helped her daughter so far!

We are meeting up next week so that she can give it to us. I am SO excited for my son and even more grateful that someone would care enough to help him have this device that our family can't afford to buy for him.

angel

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:20 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:28 PM

That's wonderful, what a blessing! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Do you have any App suggestions?

Quoting LectioDivina:

It does help so much, I have aspergers and I can barely talk in real life If I'm nervous at all, But typing I can say anything I want

panther79
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Wow that's incredible!! That's awesome that she did that  for your son =D

LCG83
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:29 PM
Awesome. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LectioDivina
by A.Priori on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Not really, I don't have a tablet, But just from coming onto cafemom for the past few years I've gotten more out that I was thinking than I have in my entire life

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you have any App suggestions?

Quoting LectioDivina:

It does help so much, I have aspergers and I can barely talk in real life If I'm nervous at all, But typing I can say anything I want

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Does she use an AAC device?

Quoting mariesmama:

sweet my daughter doesnt have autism but has spd and motor dyspraxia so i know about communication issues

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:30 PM

What a blessing!

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Awesome!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:31 PM
It is so awesome to have! One of the programs taught my son to talk after we lost hope!
mariesmama
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Does she use an AAC device?

Quoting mariesmama:

sweet my daughter doesnt have autism but has spd and motor dyspraxia so i know about communication issues

she talks now but i can barely understand her she uses a tablet at school

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured