Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

wow asked dh to pick up tampons in a text

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
He said OK.

He comes back with my Pearl brand but ultra size. Lmfao I'm like damn. I sent him cause I was on my last one so I had no choice to use the ones he got and holy jumbo size ..these things are thick as hell and the applicator. Is huge. LOL

Dh just laughed he said he didn't look at anything but the blue box.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Replies (81-81):
MumsTheWord571
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:34 AM

congrats on the baby!

It is actually a lot cleaner than the tampons- since the tampons can have a mold on them, and can give you infections (not to mention TSS). These are made out of a surgical grade Silicone and really are great! Buy the Diva Wash too. It's a cleaner that you can wash between insertions and not have to worry about getting an infection. Then I bought a special pan JUST for my diva cup to sterilize it between periods. You take it out, dump it, wash it and insert it back. Then if your period is over you take it out, dump it, wash it, then sterilize and store it for your next period. I could feel tampons, but the diva cup I really don't feel it unless I've put it in incorrectly! 

I hope that you do try it. They also have Instead cups that are disposable that you just trash instead of washing. I like the Diva in that it is not something I have to toss except once a year.

Quoting Loving19mommy92:

I may try it, I'm hoping I don't miscarry again and do not need one for 9 months. :) I use tampons for the help with cramps, I bleed normally not heavy and I stop 1-2 days between with pads I cramp and feel like a child is about to push out if me there's so much pressure and pain plus my flows worse I may give it a try but it doesn't sound very clean I'd spend a lot of time sanitizing between uses because I'm a germ a phobe especially around my vag haha

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

once you get the hang of putting it in there properly it is really easy. it took me about 2 days to figure it out how to put it in where it wouldn't leak. Once I got it, it was super easy! pop it in and forget it! For the messy fingers, not really. My fingers get messy only on the first insertion- if at all, and then if I let it stay in too long that I start leaking (My heavy flow days I have to empty it 2-4 times during the day. That's because my flow is CRAZY on days 2-3 of my period. I would blow through a Super tampon in an hour and a half or so if I still used them!).

Once you get past the ick factor it's amazing. It also helps with my cramping.

Quoting Loving19mommy92:

Out if curiosity doesn't your hands get really messy and does it take some effort to put it in there?

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

The DivaCup is a reusable bell-shaped menstrual cup that offers 12 hours of leak free protection. (From the Diva Cup Website!) you put it in like a tampon and instead of throwing it away you dump it out and wash it- then use it again. It really is very awesome. Saves a lot of money and so much less waste!

Quoting tyner_brylee:

What is a " diva cup ".

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

My DH was the same until I switched to the Diva Cup.

Quoting ARmomOf3:

my man knows what to get. he asks for specifics lol. that's funny though. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)