Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why are you a young mom?

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:39 PM
  • 97 Replies
Hello everyone :) I'd love to hear your stories if you were/are a young mom (under 25). Im curious to know why you did it, if your baby was planned, what you're thankful for, what you regret. I'm in my early 20's and I really want to start a family with my fiancé. Just wanted to weigh the pros and cons. Thank you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jrogillio
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:44 PM
2 moms liked this
Me and my now dh were 17 and we got serious he worked full time (still works for same company 9 yrs now) and we got our own place and it was a freak "lets have a baby" thing so bam dd came we were 18. I stopped working to stay home after his first promotion. We went from a 2 Bdrm house to a 3 bdrm and we talked about a 2nd. Took 6 months of trying then came DS. Dh got another promotion a little over a year and a half and we are currently TTC #3. He is the love of my life and I couldn't have picked a better man. We are 25 now. I have no regrets.

I always knew I wanted a family young.
otoole
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:44 PM

i was 24 going on 25 when i had my first so i don't no if that is ok for you lol. i was ready for a baby at that point, i only met the dad of my two kids 2months before i fell pregnant, so you can imagine it was not planned at all. he wanted me to get rid of ds but i refused, i am so glad that i refused, he ket saying we will do it next year whne we are more ready. next year will come if you plan out your life to much, eventually he had to support me on my choice. i have my son and the 6months later i found out i was pregnant yet again with dd, i now have one of each at 26, soon to be 27 in a few weeks. i love them so much, they are the light in mt dark days. i am split with the dad, since he was controlling and abusive, i cnt be to suprised, we didn't know each other long enough but i would do the samething if i could do it all over again.

myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:47 PM
I was 24 when I had my first.
It was the perfect age for me.
My second came when I was 26 and the twins I was 30.
I had allot more energy with my first than I did the twins.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Eliots_momma
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I was 25. I have been with DH for 5 years. We were ready to start a family. He was planned and I don't regret anything :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ktcat217
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:47 PM
That's so great! I've always wanted a family young, for several reasons. And my fiancée (which we've been engaged for almost 2 years and together for almost 5), wants a baby as well. Problem is my grandparents whose opinion I really value doesn't want me to have kids until I'm 30, which is way to old for me! I can't please everyone though, am I right? Lol. Congrats and good luck with your third :)

Quoting Jrogillio:

Me and my now dh were 17 and we got serious he worked full time (still works for same company 9 yrs now) and we got our own place and it was a freak "lets have a baby" thing so bam dd came we were 18. I stopped working to stay home after his first promotion. We went from a 2 Bdrm house to a 3 bdrm and we talked about a 2nd. Took 6 months of trying then came DS. Dh got another promotion a little over a year and a half and we are currently TTC #3. He is the love of my life and I couldn't have picked a better man. We are 25 now. I have no regrets.

I always knew I wanted a family young.

samanthastaatss
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm 21, I had my daughter when I was 19. I found out I was pregnant when my morning after pill didn't work.. I ended up ovulating overnight before I even got the pill. I'm so thankful that she was born perfectly healthy and I had an easy delivery. I'm thankful that I lost all of the weight literally in two days. I'm thankful that I will still be somewhat young when she's graduating and off to college. I do regret that I wasn't able to have a certain amount of money put away before I found out I was pregnant. It is a struggle from time to time but she's given me so much motivation.

ktcat217
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Thanks or sharing :)

Quoting otoole:

i was 24 going on 25 when i had my first so i don't no if that is ok for you lol. i was ready for a baby at that point, i only met the dad of my two kids 2months before i fell pregnant, so you can imagine it was not planned at all. he wanted me to get rid of ds but i refused, i am so glad that i refused, he ket saying we will do it next year whne we are more ready. next year will come if you plan out your life to much, eventually he had to support me on my choice. i have my son and the 6months later i found out i was pregnant yet again with dd, i now have one of each at 26, soon to be 27 in a few weeks. i love them so much, they are the light in mt dark days. i am split with the dad, since he was controlling and abusive, i cnt be to suprised, we didn't know each other long enough but i would do the samething if i could do it all over again.

jedwards2009
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I was 23 when I had dd. I was in my senior year of college and had been married for about three months. I experiences user failure with the mini bc pill, so she was not planned. I actually didn't want kids. Of course now I wouldn't trade her for anything :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lowencope
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I had two unplanned pregnancies i had my oldest at 20 and my youngest at 23 and promptly tied my tubes.  I kindly reminded the doctor not to forget my tubal after she delivered my son via c-section.  I'm thankful that im done having babies!  I regret nothing! It's not bad having kids young.  I was never responsible about remembering birth control or picking it up from the pharmacy on time.  not smart I know...

ktcat217
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:49 PM
Yeah! That's one of my reasons for wanting a family younger. I have disorder that gives me chronic fatigue that will ony worsen as I age, so I might as well! Thanks for sharing :)

Quoting myperfect4inok:

I was 24 when I had my first.

It was the perfect age for me.

My second came when I was 26 and the twins I was 30.

I had allot more energy with my first than I did the twins.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)