Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

dh and I were investigated for abuse by cps today

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 131 Replies
My dd (3yo) was running a fever of 103 with a sore throat so I took her to urgent care today. While we were there I had him look at some sores on her diaper area that she gets a lot. We have seen drs dozens of times for these sores and always hear a different diagnosis. The Dr looked at them for about 30 seconds, said they were herpes and said he had to call cps. I was so upset because I was afraid someone had molested dd. I called dh and told him and we both decided to get a 2nd opinion. So we took her to a hospital here that has a special team to deal with abuse of children.

While we were at the hospital the er Dr said he didn't think it was herpes so he wanted to do a culture. A cps lady called me and said she was at my house. I told her we were at the er getting a 2nd opinion the cps lady and a cop showed up at the er and investigated us. Then they talked to the er Dr who said it would be a few days before the culture came back but he was positive it was mrsa and not herpes. The cps lady came back to us and said she was going to take dd tonight based on what the first Dr said but after talking with us and the er Dr neither her nor the cop felt there was any abuse going on.

Dd has to go speak with someone on Monday still and we have to have a home visit this week before the case is closed but the cps lady said she was sure it would be closed.

I am so thankful I got a 2nd opinion. This has been the absolute worst day of my entire life.

*i am not a troll. I am well known which is why I went anon.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
livelaughlov26
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:44 PM
I'm sorry :( I'm glad you figured it out and can get her better. And that it all worked out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jessica_Esqueda
4 moms liked this

So sorry. Glad you had the common sense to get a second opinion!

daughteroftruth
So did they take your dd? If its mersa shouldnt she stay at the hospital overnight?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Some doctors are idiots. I am so sorry momma <3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:45 PM
Did you post a picture of the sores last night?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Hug. I'm so sorry. I went through something similar very recently.
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:46 PM

So sorry

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Wow! Well I hope everything is okay with your DD. Is she staying with CPS tonight? How old is your DD?
lowencope
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:46 PM
2 moms liked this

Im having trouble believing this story sorry.  CPS was called over what might have been herpes?  You have to get a culture to diagnose herpes.  I really dont see why CPS would be called over a skin condition.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:46 PM
I'm sorry. :/ CPS is scary. My xh called it on dh and I because ds had a funny bruise on his arm. We don't abuse our kids. Never have, never will. We have boys, they rough house. Instead of asking me about said bruise himself he just went ahead and called CPS.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)