Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I to old to go back to school

Posted by   + Show Post
I always wanted to be a lawyer. School wasn't my thing. I would go to school and drop out. I'm now 32 and I have 3 kids. I have decided to go back and finish. Im tired of being broke and tired of always thinking what if?My dream is to be a lawyer. Ill be about 40 when I graduate. Am I to old to get go back to college?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:30 PM

No, I went back at the age of 42. I enrolled at a community college during the Summer of 2011 and will complete my AA in two weeks. I start my junior year at USC in February 2013!!! I have worked my butt off the last year and a half, completing 90 units. I need a vacation!!

Allisonc7910
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Depends on the college too.  I felt old when I went at 26-27 compared to the majority of people in my class.

BewitchedKisses
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Do not go to a for profit school. And you won't be too old, but it's hard for a lot of lawyers to get jobs right now.

cheez1e
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:33 PM
Dh is planning on starting college this spring, he is 39. Never too old! I believe his grandma went back when she was in her 60's or 70's.
Abee2202
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:33 PM
My husband went back to school at 32yr and my dad went back in his 50's (his mom died when he was in the 8th grade so he dropped out to help the family as he was the oldest of 9)
You're never too old. What a great example to set for your kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KG34
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:33 PM

A lady I worked with before we all got laid-off went back to school. She's in her 50's.

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:34 PM

DO IT!

Josie_P
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Nope! How long is law school in the US? 4 years also?

Tara922c
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:36 PM
A few years ago, my friend and I were talking about going back to school. I said that I want to, but I will be like 30 when I graduate. He said, you are going to be 30 whether you go back to school or not, so you might as well do it. I am 30 and proud to say that I am graduating with honors in one week. I would be lying if I told you it was easy, but it was the best decision I ever made. Go back to school, you will not regret it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:37 PM
No you are not too old but if you couldnt do it before kids what makes you think you can do it now?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)