Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I to old to go back to school

Posted by   + Show Post
I always wanted to be a lawyer. School wasn't my thing. I would go to school and drop out. I'm now 32 and I have 3 kids. I have decided to go back and finish. Im tired of being broke and tired of always thinking what if?My dream is to be a lawyer. Ill be about 40 when I graduate. Am I to old to get go back to college?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Of course not. My mom is in school, she is 58
AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:38 PM

No. My Dad went back at 40.

redvelvet42
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:38 PM

you are not dead so i sa you're young enough

you will enjoy it more now, i did as an older student. my children liked that we all did our homework around the same time. true story: my 9 yr old got in trouble at school because a child said i was not important because i did not have a job. my girl pushed the kid and screamed my mom goes to the university of maryland idiot! i talked to her about the pushing but i couldn't have been prouder. she understood the value of education.

when my 3 little girls were younger they thought all mommies went to college. and when they met a friends mom or dad for the first time they always asked what college he/she was attending. if they didn't go to college the girls would frown at them and tell them they should go to college like me.

so, if nothing else going back with kids will teach your wee ones to value u n a different way. and when you graduate u have to let them attend your graduation ceremony bc it stays with them. mine still talk about mine bc the marines marched at mine.

MrsSamMerlotte
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:38 PM
http://m.voices.yahoo.com/95-year-old-kansan-become-worlds-oldest-college-319717.html
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ivylynn0711
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:39 PM

no your not to old to go to school and make a good life for you and your kids goodluck hope it all works out

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:39 PM
NO! My mom was over 40 when she got her degree, I am so happy for her, and glad she finally put her self first!
Mom2Ava.Ayden
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:40 PM
No one is ever too old to go back and get an education. You go girl!!
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Nope. Best of luck :)

Allinorder
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Maybe at 2 in the morning lol. I'm going to schedule my classes when the kids are in school so I don't miss seeing anything with them. Dh and I discussed it and when I go full time I won't work.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

When are you going to sleep?

Quoting Allinorder:

I'm going to study while the kids are sleeping.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

This

Quoting keisha613:

No. It'll be harder to study while raising a family, but it's doable.

Allinorder
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:13 AM
I've had a taste of being poor. When I was younger I never thought that if I wasn't educated I would be poor. There are sucessful people whom aren't educated. Some of the wealthiest people dropped out of high school. I feel I need a education to make more than I can make now. Right now if I can ever get hired it would be 10 hour if I'm lucky.

Quoting Anonymous:

No you are not too old but if you couldnt do it before kids what makes you think you can do it now?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)