Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stop popping your kid

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I went to a baby shower today, and a girl there had an 11 month old. Seriously, like every 5 minutes she was saying "pop him" about something else. Seriously...wtf? He's 11 months old.

My dd was sitting in the floor playing and he walked up and hit her on the head...so what does mom do? Pops him. And says "idk where he learned to hit"....umm...probably from you....I just don't understand some people
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:00 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:25 AM

emotional abuse leaves no bruises and is worse...so that's okay?

Quoting Anonymous:

I think as long as the child doesn't have bruses she can raise her child as she sees fit.

Kris_PBG
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Was she actually hitting him in front of your child?

If so, I would have said something. I don't want my kids exposed to violence like that. (And yes - I would call repeatedly hitting a baby violence).
uriahadel
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:26 AM
Spanking is not illegal.. I worked alongside with cps and yes I popped my child who was under a year old who would hit or touch these that she was not allowed to touch... and they don't come out knowing no means no, you have to teach them that... some parents are just ignorant

Quoting Liz.Sisk:

I don't believe in disciplining kids in that manner that young. Spanking is illegal and 'popping' just teaches them to hit you back. My daughter knew and knows no means no when I say it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vipergirl22
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:26 AM

You don't need to do that everytime a kid does something wrong but she is the parent and it is up to her unfortunately.

Beauty91805
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:27 AM
Wow an 11 month old? A baby that was just born that can't even communicate and the first sign of communication they teach them is to hit? Then she wants to wonder where he learned to hit......
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:27 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Lol - you are telling her not to talk about discipline on a post asking other's opinion on how a child was disciplined.

Post fail!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:28 AM

i never said anything to anyone about how they discipline...way to make assumptions..i stated my opinion about how spanking should be illegal....that is NOT the same as calling someone out...learn to differentiate

Quoting Anonymous:

Clearly. Then stfu about how others discipline.

Quoting Anonymous:

believe me, i'm FAR from worried about your kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

Blah blah. Worry about yours, I will raise mine.

Quoting Anonymous:

it should be

Quoting Anonymous:

Spanking is not illegal everywhere.

Quoting Liz.Sisk:

I don't believe in disciplining kids in that manner that young. Spanking is illegal and 'popping' just teaches them to hit you back. My daughter knew and knows no means no when I say it.

uriahadel
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:28 AM
2 moms liked this
Really??? You people need to grow up and know what violence is... popping for something unacceptable is not violence. Although I prefer putting them over my knee and giving them a good ole fashion spanking they will never forget

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Was she actually hitting him in front of your child?

If so, I would have said something. I don't want my kids exposed to violence like that. (And yes - I would call repeatedly hitting a baby violence).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Really so I should be emotionally messed up then according to you. It's all in how it's done. Again it her kid let her parent.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I think as long as the child doesn't have bruses she can raise her child as she sees fit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:29 AM

we weren't talking about YOU, were we??

Quoting Anonymous:

Really so I should be emotionally messed up then according to you. It's all in how it's done. Again it her kid let her parent.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)