Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stop popping your kid

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I went to a baby shower today, and a girl there had an 11 month old. Seriously, like every 5 minutes she was saying "pop him" about something else. Seriously...wtf? He's 11 months old.

My dd was sitting in the floor playing and he walked up and hit her on the head...so what does mom do? Pops him. And says "idk where he learned to hit"....umm...probably from you....I just don't understand some people
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:00 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:29 AM
You would do that to an 11 month old?

Quoting uriahadel:

Really??? You people need to grow up and know what violence is... popping for something unacceptable is not violence. Although I prefer putting them over my knee and giving them a good ole fashion spanking they will never forget

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Was she actually hitting him in front of your child?

If so, I would have said something. I don't want my kids exposed to violence like that. (And yes - I would call repeatedly hitting a baby violence).

Kris_PBG
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Quoting uriahadel:

You hardly sound like someone who's "definition" of what is violence is one that I would value.
uriahadel
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this
If you would've said something to me, I would've asked you to step outside and to mind your own business, because my child is my child and you have nothing to say about how to raise my own child...

And how dare you say something to another parent about raising their own children especially around the children. That just shows you what type of person you are

Quoting Kris_PBG:

If so, I would have said something. I don't want my kids exposed to violence like that. (And yes - I would call repeatedly hitting a baby violence).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:32 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Lol!!!!!!!!!!

What an epic maturity level you are displaying.

What is next - a chorus if - "I'm rubber and you're glue?"
megan71108
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Popcorn!! Get your popcorn here :) **takes a seat**
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:35 AM
I look at it like: if my daughter hits someone, she better expect a hit back. Time out doesnt work for everything.

Quoting Anonymous:

soooooooooooooooo typical of many of todays moms....hypocrites to the max...don't hit, but if you do, i'll hit you back...

uriahadel
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I did it tp my nine month old who kept going to the light socket after telling her not to and repeatedly moving her, but she laughed and went back so yes I popped her on the hands... it was for her safety and she never did it again. She was walking at the time. She was also going for my breakable and was climbing so yes I had to protect and you can't baby proof everything and I don't believe in baby proofing, I believing in teaching a child not to do something. I have a six year old who I never baby proofed and she never had accidents and now I have a two year old and never baby proofed and she never had accidents because I was the parent and I watched her and disciplined her as needed... she is a very happy child, but she now knows what she can and cannot have

Quoting Anonymous:

You would do that to an 11 month old?

Quoting uriahadel:

Really??? You people need to grow up and know what violence is... popping for something unacceptable is not violence. Although I prefer putting them over my knee and giving them a good ole fashion spanking they will never forget

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coltinsmom7507
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:36 AM
We are pro spanking as a last resort with our 5 year old and we also have an 11 month old and if he goes go grab something he shouldnt ill move his hand away then move him away from it and try to redirect his attention. SO went to smack his hand the other day for tearing up the window blinds so i smacked his hand lol he got the hint that its not time for that yet. I think its absurd that people 'pop' a baby.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:36 AM
I am giving an example according to your logic. I think is funny how everyone thinks they know better on raising and displining other people's kids. Unless you are around that kid all the time don't judge. Every child is differnt. Spanking would never work for mine because he doesn't feel pain. Time out doesn't work but taking his toys does. So again unless you know the child don't judge. Get off your high horse.

Quoting Anonymous:

we weren't talking about YOU, were we??

Quoting Anonymous:

Really so I should be emotionally messed up then according to you. It's all in how it's done. Again it her kid let her parent.

Quoting Anonymous:

emotional abuse leaves no bruises and is worse...so that's okay?

Quoting Anonymous:

I think as long as the child doesn't have bruses she can raise her child as she sees fit.

Kris_PBG
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:36 AM
Quoting uriahadel:

You would ask me to step outside for what purpose?

I have never had a friend strike their child in front of others in a group setting. Some definitely spank, but none go around doing it repeatedly and openly. They certainly don't at a function where a mother- to- be and her child are being honored.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN