Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WTF?! WHO does this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies

So, I work at Victoria's Secret. I've worked there since October 2010. I love my job and I absolutely love what I do....

This girl, probably in her early twenties, comes into the store. I am at cashwrap, working on some things and doing iPad orders... she walks up to me and says, "Does a K******* work here?" I tell her, "Well, my name is K*******...." She asks, "Do you know a guy named Giovanni?" I tell her, "no, I don't." She goes, "You bitch, you've been sleeping with my boyfriend!" I say, "Excuse me? I have a boyfriend, that I've been involved with for over a year, you must be mistaken." She says, "well, he told me she had a boyfriend! I found a bunch of your clothes in my house and I want to know what the hell is going on!" (Mind you, she had a 12-18 month old baby in a stroller) I told her again that I've been working here for over 2 1/2 years and no one else by the name of K****** has worked here, she has wrong information, and she needs to leave my store. She got a little more angry, I stood my ground, and eventually, she left.

I've NEVER encountered anything so STRANGE at my workplace, ever. I would never have the balls to walk up to someone, in their work environment and do that.. what kind of person does this?!

This happened yesterday afternoon, and I am still taken aback that someone would think this type of behavior is appropriate. Thoughts?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TexasWife
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Reminds me of when some teens in my town thought it would be cute to walk into stores and tell the managers that they were quitting. My husband was one of the managers. I was there when they did that. They called him over and said. "My father says I have to quit." My husband responded "ok." and went back to work. The teens got pissed that he didn't react more.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Not to mention, about ten-fifteen minutes before my shift started yesterday, someone called for me. An associate to me that someone called for me and I told her, "oh, it was probably my mother; she was going to come in today".. the associate told me, "well, she asked for your telephone number..." So, clearly, that was not my mother. It came off as creepy.

We're the only VS in our city. It is REALLY odd someone I have NO knowledge of, knows my name, knows I work at VS, and sent his girlfriend out looking for me.

HousewifeNina
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:09 PM
Trash does that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:09 PM
2 moms liked this
Maybe ur bf is cheating on u
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:09 PM
Maybe it was a dare?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Drama Queen!   i dont' know why some people think that behavior is acceptable,, but i have seen it alot.  today, my daughter and i were at the mall Christmas shopping and as this girl passed a couple in front of us, the guy said hi to her.  she kept going, he did too- he didn't do a double take or nothing.  the girl he was with flipped out and started calling the other girl tons of names!  oh the language that spewed from her mouth - with kids all around her!   i think these type of people just thrive on drama and that is sad.    So proud of your for not stooping to her level.  Bravo!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Doubtful. My boyfriend lives in FL and I live in NC (we've been doing long distance for almost a year. I'm moving down there on the 26th).

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Her boyfriend probably just pulled a name out of his ass and it happened to be yours.

If I were you I'd tell your manager about the phone call and the confrontation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Drama Queen!   i dont' know why some people think that behavior is acceptable,, but i have seen it alot.  today, my daughter and i were at the mall Christmas shopping and as this girl passed a couple in front of us, the guy said hi to her.  she kept going, he did too- he didn't do a double take or nothing.  the girl he was with flipped out and started calling the other girl tons of names!  oh the language that spewed from her mouth - with kids all around her!   i think these type of people just thrive on drama and that is sad.    So proud of your for not stooping to her level.  Bravo!

It is disgusting - I mean - I can be opinionated and mouthy - sure. But, there's a time and place for that...and the work place is certainly not one of them.

beerabitch69
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:13 PM
So how do you know he's not?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Doubtful. My boyfriend lives in FL and I live in NC (we've been doing long distance for almost a year. I'm moving down there on the 26th).

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured