Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Bad Teenagers equal Bad Parenting

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:23 PM
  • 154 Replies
1 mom liked this

Teenagers are like five year olds. If your parenting skills are bad, you will produce BAD teenagers.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:26 PM
9 moms liked this
My teenager is awesome, but I've known awesome teens with craptastic parents and horriable teens with awesome parents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I knowz its true but there are some idiots out there that actually believe that teenagers have no ability to make their own choices.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

My teenager is awesome, but I've known awesome teens with craptastic parents and horriable teens with awesome parents.

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this
You really do think you know it all. Yawn
thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Probably more than you do.

Quoting Anonymous:

You really do think you know it all. Yawn

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this
You could be the best damn patent in the world and some teens will still rebel.

It's the simple fact that they want to believe that they know it all and can do it all without help, assistance or guidance.

Sure, some bad parents will end up with bad teens, but they could also end up with great teens while good parents end up with the bad ones.

In general, it has nothing to do with the parents they have, but has everything to do with the young adult they are turning into.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I think in general this is true. You will always have the kids who buck the trend in either direction, but true for the most part.
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:35 PM

I was a good teen :-( I had half decent at best parents

samiam2919
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Do you have a teenager??
thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:36 PM

and you know this for a fact because?

Quoting Anonymous:

I think in general this is true. You will always have the kids who buck the trend in either direction, but true for the most part.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:37 PM

DO YOU?

Quoting samiam2919:

Do you have a teenager??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)