Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Bad Teenagers equal Bad Parenting

Posted by   + Show Post

Teenagers are like five year olds. If your parenting skills are bad, you will produce BAD teenagers.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Replies (151-154):
EvilAsh
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:01 AM

Doesn't always work out that way. I knew teens in high school that were total assholes and their parents were awesome, other way around as well. Doesn't really work for teens.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:08 AM

My DD is 17 and is a great kid.  I would love to think it is because of our "superior" parenting skills but the reality is that our parenting is only part of the reason.  She has both academic and athletic skills that have enabled her to excell in school and sports, she has never been the victim of bullying, she has a close circle of long-time friends that are also "good teens", and she has very specific long range goals that require she stay focussed on school.  Some of this has been facilitated by the fact that we are, and have always been, engaged as parents but some of it is her inherent personality and luck.

My DDs best friend is valedictorian.  Her academic path and social circle is very similar to my DDs.  But she has been in and out of foster homes since the age of 6, emancipated at 16 and currently has custody to her two younger siblings.  Good parenting did not play a role in her becoming a good teen/adult.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:14 AM

I think you meant to say bad parenting equals bad teenagers.

Cause and effect Dear!

xElizabethx
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:22 PM

My DD is 12, so not quite a teenager yet. I was an awesome parent until puberty hit. Now I suck. I have no idea what I am doing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN