Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Bad Teenagers equal Bad Parenting

Posted by   + Show Post

Teenagers are like five year olds. If your parenting skills are bad, you will produce BAD teenagers.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Replies (41-50):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:47 PM

maybe the teens are not having enough sex or partying or something?

Maybe they dont wear enough dog collars?

Quoting Thelmama:

Not necessarily. I have some friends that are great parents and their teens are "bad".  

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:48 PM

LOL at the gulliable

Quoting macbudsmom:

Well there are plenty of studies that will show just that, but it can also be observed. Look around, the kids who are doing well in high school tend to be the ones with involved, caring parents.

Quoting thetrollcat:

and you know this for a fact because?

Quoting Anonymous:

I think in general this is true. You will always have the kids who buck the trend in either direction, but true for the most part.

Sassy01
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Men can be like that too lol.

Anyway, I know of a woman, had a very strict upbringing, ended up being a hell raiser as a teen, finally settled down in her 30's. I kinda think it was because her folks were to strict. Don't believe the hype that preachers kids are well behaved, cause I can tell you she wasn't.

I was strict but yet flexable with my girls, and they turned out pretty darned awesome.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Teenagers have undeveloped brains. That means they are not capable of THINKING......

or so I heard.

Quoting alexsmomma06:

LOL, yes because teens never think they know better or break rules.......

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Oh hell no!! Sex was the LAST thing on my mind.
I wanted college, a degree, a career then a family.
I can't imagine only wanting the bare minimum for my child.

Quoting thetrollcat:

normal teenagers are not suppose to worry about school. Parents want them FALLING in love an dhaving sex and partying and being a NORMAL teenager :O

Quoting Anonymous:

Its a sad world we live in. I was to busy worrying about school and graduating than partying.

I also had parents not two people who tried to be my friend...kwim.

I wasn't allowed to be a heathen.

Quoting thetrollcat:

sure it is....

If you dont let them have sex they will just rebel and do it anyhow.

Afterall, the idea and goal is to teach our teens to screw, party, rebel, and if possible graduate, but that isnt a requirement these days.

Quoting Anonymous:

Its not so black and white.

SammiBaby
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:49 PM
It's not always so black and white. Does being an involved parent raise the probability of having a behaved and well adjusted teenager? Of course. Does being an involved parent GUARANTEE you will get those results? Definitely not. There are many factors to take into consideration. Parenting being but only one of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skyler91
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:49 PM
If you keep your child in a bubble, once they discover that they Can pop that, they go Crazy. Some times even have no limits simply bc you've been keeping them from the reality of things. Don't suffocate them and let them discover.

Sex is another thing, which I'm sure you'll speak to your kids about before they even hit high school.
High schools will turn your gold star into tacky girls. Just thought I'd share that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Funny considering my teenager is down stairs in her room as I TYPE.

Quoting Anonymous:

Interesting coming from the one kicking her teen out for being terrible...

mrs.pina
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:50 PM
Um no! This is not true . You can be the best parent ever and you're teenager will still come out to be bad. It all depends on the teenager us parents do and try our best to raise them well and yet some turn out to be bad kids but not because of us but because that's what they choose to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:51 PM

LOL dog collars??  No these kids were partying too much and having too much sex, both ended up getting pregnant...so I don't think that was the problem. LOL

ETA: I think they were competing to who could do the worst for their parents. 

Quoting thetrollcat:

maybe the teens are not having enough sex or partying or something?

Maybe they dont wear enough dog collars?

Quoting Thelmama:

Not necessarily. I have some friends that are great parents and their teens are "bad".  

thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:51 PM

of course that must be the reason all parents fail.... this must be the answer to ALL problems. yea.

Quoting skyler91:

If you keep your child in a bubble, once they discover that they Can pop that, they go Crazy. Some times even have no limits simply bc you've been keeping them from the reality of things. Don't suffocate them and let them discover.

Sex is another thing, which I'm sure you'll speak to your kids about before they even hit high school.
High schools will turn your gold star into tacky girls. Just thought I'd share that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)