Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why is Princess Kate's pregnancy such a huge deal?

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:38 PM
  • 73 Replies

I have heard nothing but everyone talking about Kate's pregnancy mainly my husbands grandmother. She has made this ridiculous. As soon as she heard about it on the news she had to call me and tell me that I am about a week or two further along than her. ok??? Why do I care?? She apparently went as far to call my husbands aunt and tell her about it all and even said "Wouldn't it be amazing if they had their babies around the same time and their babies grew up together?" Like really?? Our children would NOT grow up together for one we are in different countries, two, Why the hell should I feel like this pregnancy is a competition with hers? UGH It is so frustrating and my pregnancy hormones dont help. I dont know if I should say something to her if she continues on about it or just ignore it?

by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IansMommy2012
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Actually I didnt even know she was pregnant will I saw it on here .. and then I happened upon a news article on yahoo . but other than that, i've not her much . lol . 

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:40 PM
2 moms liked this
Just ignore it. Some people are obsessed with movie stars, some are obsessed with the royal family. It's harmless. (Well unless they turn into stalkers.)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Shut up.
Jers.
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:42 PM
5 moms liked this

her kid whether boy or girl is third in line to the throne - its a big deal over there

ninjakids
by Christina on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:42 PM
It varies...for me its like oh..okay cool moving on, my nana who was from scotland would have made a big deal about it though .. To each their own :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
usmc.momma
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this

because she could give birth to a future king...

jasyoung2012
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:42 PM

I understand...there were people saying the same to me...I will be 14 weeks on Tuesday, but I just ignore it...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:43 PM
8 moms liked this
Because she's the mother f**king princess! Lol.
SadeAyosmom
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:44 PM

i could care less about the monarchy. i cant stand that i am under a monarchy

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this
It's important because that child will eventually have a lot of power in the world. It's not often people are born, in this day and age, that are guaranteed to be someone powerful and important. It doesn't effect us at all but is fun to see. Ignore grandma and let her enjoy her fantasy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN