Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why is she doing this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
My dd is 4-1/2 and since she was about 1 I would always find these scratches all over her body, mostly on her face, back, and belly. I keep her nails pretty short. But just recently she says se scratches it because she is itchy all the time. She never has a rash or anything. So what could be making her so it by all the time?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CABZS
by Emerald Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Very dry skin.

My skin itches all the time!

Missmyangel1
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Maybe she has dry skin? Try putting lotion on her and see if that helps.

MommaOfFive440
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:20 AM
This! I would just use lots of good lotion on hrrer. My skin has always been like that. More so in the winter.

Quoting CABZS:

Very dry skin.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:21 AM
This actually makes sense. I try to put lotion on her after every bath. Maybe I need to use an oil based instead of a water based lotion..

Quoting CABZS:

Very dry skin.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:22 AM
I've been using a water based lotion. I think I will switch to using what DH uses then. It's a little expensive but if she stops scratching herself it will be worth it.

Quoting MommaOfFive440:

This! I would just use lots of good lotion on hrrer. My skin has always been like that. More so in the winter.

Quoting CABZS:

Very dry skin.

beaularson91
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:22 AM

It could be that she's allergic to fragrance, my sister is, she doesn't get rashes but her skin would itch to the point that shed basically scratch her skin off.

gravercem
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Our DD has same issue, we use the gold bond lotion for itchy skin.  She has it so bad that new teachers think she might have lice and call the nurse, who then explains to them that it is a medical condition. 

beachbeauty

a humidifier might help, too

stacefaceninja

I would try lotion. It's probably dry skin...assuming you know the difference between that and a disgusting skin disease;) This is Cafemom afterall;) JK......I would take her to the dermatologist if the lotion doesn't help though. I have horrible dry skin, especially this time of year. Lotion that's been warmed up after a shower is really nice in the winter.

-If for any reason you feel an urge to correct my grammar, spelling, or punctuation, please suppress this urge. You are not important enough to me to spend time editing before I post.  I will just laugh at you-

Peaceful.chaos
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:24 AM
Maybe you should ask her doctor to check her liver function. Most can do it with a finger pricked. Itching can be a sign of liver issues.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)