Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thanks!! I REALLY DIDN"T KNOW THAT!!!!

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:40 AM
  • 48 Replies

On Sunday 11/25/2012, I woke up to discover that I had developed Bell's Palsy. I went to the ER and they confirmed it with a CAT scan. On Thursday 11/29/2012 I went to a doctors appointment (appointment had been scheduled for 2 months), the doctor ordered a MRI of my brain, he explained that he believed I may have a heridetary neurological disorder and wanted a brain scan to rule it out. I went into my appointment on Wednesday 12/5/2012.

Yesterday, the nurse called to give me my results, this is what she said "I was calling with your results from your MRI, I wanted to call and let you know that everything looks good, but we have discovered that you have Bell's Palsy."

I was like "um, ok, I already knew that"

The nurse says "oh, you knew that already? I just wanted to let you know before the weekend so that you can get treated"

I said "ok, but I have taken the medicine that was prescribed for it already and now just need to wait for my face to return to normal, but thanks for letting me know that I have Bell's Palsy so I'm not worrying anymore about why my face is paralyzed".

The bad thing is the nurse that called was the same nurse that prepared me for the MRI and I told her that this is my second time getting Bell's Palsy. I'm sure that my face being paralyzed on the left side from my nose down and my not being able to close my right eye was a dead giveaway that I had Bell's Palsy, and my telling her that this is the second time i had it, she should have known that I KNEW that I had Bell's Palsy already!!!!!! 

by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
YoMama33
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:42 AM
You should have responded "Why thank you, Captain Obvious!!"

My dad had that happen once. It was scary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:42 AM
....calm down. Good lord you went on a mini fucking rampage.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Can't bill that insurance company if they don't do ANYTHING.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:44 AM
2 moms liked this

She sees hundreds of patients a week, do you really expect her to remember you or your conversation? Hope it goes away soon.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:44 AM

No she didn't.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

She sees hundreds of patients a week, do you really expect her to remember you or your conversation? Hope it goes away soon.  

TRUE!!

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:45 AM
This

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:46 AM

I hope you get better soon

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Yeah, unfortunately they see so many patients a day that they don't remember someone a week later.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:46 AM
Uh yea she did. Read her post. She's freaking the fuck out over a mistake.

Quoting Anonymous:

No she didn't.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured