Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A-Hole Ex Got Thrown In Jail

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: How long was your ex not paying Child Support before he got thrown in Jail?

Options:

1-3 mo

3-6 mo

6-9 mo

9 mo-1 yr

1-3 yrs

3-5 yrs

5-7 yrs

7-10 yrs

10+ yrs (in comments tell how long)

A-Hole still hasn't gone to jail

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 46

View Results

So, I keep hearing about women who's Ex never pays child support and don't get punished.  Has your ex gone to jail over child support (and I'm talking days/weeks/months not one night)?

Why do you think it takes so long for CSEA to act?

EDIT: If he has never gone to jail - how long has he not been paying??  There are a lot of you who click this box.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darcibeisheim
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:44 AM

When my dad passed away, he was years... like 14 years behind... in child support.. he had been drug into court many times, and once the police went to arrest him, but by this time he was bed bound and dying and they could not transport him because of his medical condition... so they just gave his the papers and left..

thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:45 AM
My sisters dad is 17 years behind. She's 19.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:47 AM
1 mom liked this

My ex walked out while I was pregnant. He was never on the BC. I always just provided for my child on my own. I didn't want him to have visitations, and never broached the topic of support. My DH adopted her legally when we got married.

So, no CS, no back pay, no jail time, and thankfully, no EX headaches. 

Jrogillio
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:47 AM
I wanna see the vote results but I can't vote :/ it doesn't pertain to me.. Ehh
meka26
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:50 AM

My ex went 4 yrs w/out paying. There was always the excuse they couldn't find him. He's been paying every month since.

auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:50 AM

My sister's ex has been to jail numerous times for not paying. He goes in until his court date, they slap his wrist, he promises to pay..and they let him go. And it continues over and over.

He's thousands in arrears.

LiliM
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:51 AM
My DHs ex didnt pay her support to her next ex, and got by for three years. Even then, being a moooooooom, she didn't get jail.

Her.CS from my DH was taken. Which is how we knew about it. It took her not paying for three years, though.

Amazing, how three days of delay through the state would have her up my DHs ass, but she could not pay for three years because she couldn't afford it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:51 AM
DH's ex wife is 4 months behind and nothing has happened to her as of yet.
angie729
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:52 AM

I have a good friend whos ex was put in jail about five years ago...He was pretty far behind but Im not sure how much. This summer he got put in jail and he is over 100 grand behind now. He did not even get to the cell before his Mama was up there paying to get him out. She has fought so much with child support enforcement to get any type of action taken. Its sad. He is supposed to also pay half of medical cost and provide insurance. He doesnt even do that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)