Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A-Hole Ex Got Thrown In Jail

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: How long was your ex not paying Child Support before he got thrown in Jail?

Options:

1-3 mo

3-6 mo

6-9 mo

9 mo-1 yr

1-3 yrs

3-5 yrs

5-7 yrs

7-10 yrs

10+ yrs (in comments tell how long)

A-Hole still hasn't gone to jail

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 46

View Results

So, I keep hearing about women who's Ex never pays child support and don't get punished.  Has your ex gone to jail over child support (and I'm talking days/weeks/months not one night)?

Why do you think it takes so long for CSEA to act?

EDIT: If he has never gone to jail - how long has he not been paying??  There are a lot of you who click this box.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:35 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:55 AM

There is a link under the poll that says in teal letters "View Poll Results"

Quoting Jrogillio:

I wanna see the vote results but I can't vote :/ it doesn't pertain to me.. Ehh

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:56 AM
I do not have children with an ex, but dh does. Dh has custody and has since they were 1 and 2. She has not paid cs in 7 years (excluding they $10 we got January of 2009). So far she has gotten warrnings but nothing has happened and I don't think anything will. My state gives ncbm so many chances, his case worker told dh that she can't do anything because "she sent $10 that's all we can ask. At least she's trying." That was the first payment in 2 years. If I had not have heard it myself I would have not believed him. That of course was almost 4 years ago, we have spoken to them maybe 3 times since. It does no good.
sdunaway08
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:56 AM

So, here we have a local magazine called Jail Birds. Its issued out once a month and has mug shots of everyone arrested during the month and their offense. Well they have one page called "Dead Beat Dads" that has pictures of men that CSEA is looking for and their amount they are behind. There is usually 6 guys, last issue at least 4 of them owed over $100,000!! One was only 35 years old and owed $128,000. I was amazed. (O/T a bit but had to share)

tezell78
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:01 AM
He hasn't gone to jail, but I found out tonight, he lost his passport, drivers license, and apparently his job because of back support he owes me for our son.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:06 AM

I'm amazed at the women who voted 1-3 months - what states are you in and how did you get that fast of a response time?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:09 AM

That's usually the step they take before jail time.  How many months behind is he? Did he lose his job because it was driving related?

Quoting tezell78:

He hasn't gone to jail, but I found out tonight, he lost his passport, drivers license, and apparently his job because of back support he owes me for our son.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:15 AM
I haven't had anything to do with bd since my kid was born, it's not worth dealing with him to not get any cs anyways. Sometimes it sucks not having a little extra to help out with things but I'd rather struggle on my own than deal with his worthless ass.
tezell78
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:16 AM
To be honest, I have no idea why he lost his job.I didn't even know he had one, last I heard he was supposed to be filing for disability.......... he is 25 months behind right now......ds was 4 months old when the support case was opened......
I was shocked when I got the email, he was going off about his passport.....the entire 4 years we were together, I could barely get him to travel to oregon to visit my parents, where the hell is he going too go he needs a passport? Seriously? Lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's usually the step they take before jail time.  How many months behind is he? Did he lose his job because it was driving related?

Quoting tezell78:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:23 AM

How quickly does he get out?  Why do you think it doesn't seem to bother him?

Quoting auntietotty:

My sister's ex has been to jail numerous times for not paying. He goes in until his court date, they slap his wrist, he promises to pay..and they let him go. And it continues over and over.

He's thousands in arrears.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:26 AM

I always get blown away by large amounts like 100K.  That is why I asked time wise.  5K for some people could take years, others can do it in less than 4 months depending on how high CS is set.  Do you have any clue how much your friend is supposed to get monthly?

Why do you think him Mom keeps bailing him out?

Quoting angie729:

I have a good friend whos ex was put in jail about five years ago...He was pretty far behind but Im not sure how much. This summer he got put in jail and he is over 100 grand behind now. He did not even get to the cell before his Mama was up there paying to get him out. She has fought so much with child support enforcement to get any type of action taken. Its sad. He is supposed to also pay half of medical cost and provide insurance. He doesnt even do that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)