Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A-Hole Ex Got Thrown In Jail

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: How long was your ex not paying Child Support before he got thrown in Jail?

Options:

1-3 mo

3-6 mo

6-9 mo

9 mo-1 yr

1-3 yrs

3-5 yrs

5-7 yrs

7-10 yrs

10+ yrs (in comments tell how long)

A-Hole still hasn't gone to jail

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 46

View Results

So, I keep hearing about women who's Ex never pays child support and don't get punished.  Has your ex gone to jail over child support (and I'm talking days/weeks/months not one night)?

Why do you think it takes so long for CSEA to act?

EDIT: If he has never gone to jail - how long has he not been paying??  There are a lot of you who click this box.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:35 AM
Replies (21-30):
angie729
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:29 AM

His mother babies him and thinks he does no wrong. I think its supposed to be about 1200 a month for three kids. They have been divorced for ten years or there about.

Quoting Anonymous:

I always get blown away by large amounts like 100K.  That is why I asked time wise.  5K for some people could take years, others can do it in less than 4 months depending on how high CS is set.  Do you have any clue how much your friend is supposed to get monthly?

Why do you think him Mom keeps bailing him out?

Quoting angie729:

I have a good friend whos ex was put in jail about five years ago...He was pretty far behind but Im not sure how much. This summer he got put in jail and he is over 100 grand behind now. He did not even get to the cell before his Mama was up there paying to get him out. She has fought so much with child support enforcement to get any type of action taken. Its sad. He is supposed to also pay half of medical cost and provide insurance. He doesnt even do that.

auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

How quickly does he get out?  Why do you think it doesn't seem to bother him?

Quoting auntietotty:

My sister's ex has been to jail numerous times for not paying. He goes in until his court date, they slap his wrist, he promises to pay..and they let him go. And it continues over and over.

He's thousands in arrears.

I dont know why it doesnt bother him....I havent seen or talked to him in years.  I think he stayed in till his court date unless he could get someone to bail him out.  Like I said...they wouldnt enforce it, just a lecture, promise to pay and you can go....

His youngest is 20...and he still is way behind, the last I heard.  He didnt even have a huge amnt. to have to pay, but it still wasnt important to him I guess.

youknowimloved
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:14 AM

My ex never gets far enough behind on CS payments to land in jail and I'm glad. I don't want him in jail, although if he did end up there it would be his fault.

That said, I think it's a little ridiculous to put someone in jail over CS when they're only a few payments behind any way. When you're talking about someone who chronically refuses to pay, then yes. By all means. But just a few months and they could just be having a hard time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:39 AM

My daughter is 6 and my ex has never once paid child support or even seen my daughter and he has not gotten in trouble at all

MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:42 AM
My dad never paid CS. My parents split when I was 6 months old. He never paid a dime of CS. Never got in trouble for it either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:12 PM

bump

Lizard_Lina
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:15 PM
Don't you guys have a law about what constitutes support?

Quoting Anonymous:

I do not have children with an ex, but dh does. Dh has custody and has since they were 1 and 2. She has not paid cs in 7 years (excluding they $10 we got January of 2009). So far she has gotten warrnings but nothing has happened and I don't think anything will. My state gives ncbm so many chances, his case worker told dh that she can't do anything because "she sent $10 that's all we can ask. At least she's trying." That was the first payment in 2 years. If I had not have heard it myself I would have not believed him. That of course was almost 4 years ago, we have spoken to them maybe 3 times since. It does no good.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:17 PM
He's never been to jail. DS is almost 7 and I've gotten a total of $150. There isn't even a CS order.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
invisibleme
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:17 PM
CS here is a joke. Dh pays and I receive. We always pay and once in 17 years got behind while he was going through surgery and dealing with some health issues by 2 months and a sheriff was on our door. Yet my ex was way over 10 grand in arrears and they do nothing to him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting invisibleme:

CS here is a joke. Dh pays and I receive. We always pay and once in 17 years got behind while he was going through surgery and dealing with some health issues by 2 months and a sheriff was on our door. Yet my ex was way over 10 grand in arrears and they do nothing to him.

My theory is that they look at Dads that try hard and know if they threaten that dad will pay up - and they are easier to find.  They don't bother with the "missing" dads because they obviously don't care.  I think it is completely backwards.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)