Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A-Hole Ex Got Thrown In Jail

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: How long was your ex not paying Child Support before he got thrown in Jail?

Options:

1-3 mo

3-6 mo

6-9 mo

9 mo-1 yr

1-3 yrs

3-5 yrs

5-7 yrs

7-10 yrs

10+ yrs (in comments tell how long)

A-Hole still hasn't gone to jail

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 46

View Results

So, I keep hearing about women who's Ex never pays child support and don't get punished.  Has your ex gone to jail over child support (and I'm talking days/weeks/months not one night)?

Why do you think it takes so long for CSEA to act?

EDIT: If he has never gone to jail - how long has he not been paying??  There are a lot of you who click this box.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:35 AM
Replies (31-40):
Insanemomma11
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:34 PM
Ive gotten four cs payments in two years and hes in jail now but not for no payment on cs. Hes only 4 thousand behind right now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:38 PM
Sure but the powers that be don't enforce them. We have spoken to several lawyers and none of them will take it on, they know its a lost cause. She also has not seen them in 8 1/2 years. So we just call it a day and go on with our lives.

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Don't you guys have a law about what constitutes support?

Quoting Anonymous:

I do not have children with an ex, but dh does. Dh has custody and has since they were 1 and 2. She has not paid cs in 7 years (excluding they $10 we got January of 2009). So far she has gotten warrnings but nothing has happened and I don't think anything will. My state gives ncbm so many chances, his case worker told dh that she can't do anything because "she sent $10 that's all we can ask. At least she's trying." That was the first payment in 2 years. If I had not have heard it myself I would have not believed him. That of course was almost 4 years ago, we have spoken to them maybe 3 times since. It does no good.

rockgal81
by Steph on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:40 PM
My daughters "father" has never really been in her life. He never signed her bc and I never went after him for cs. But, he has a son who was taken away and the child maternal grandmother has custody. There was a huge court battle and he just had his rights terminated. He appealed all the way up to the supreme court and was denied. Over the course of 4 years, he never paid child support and was arrested 3 times and kept in jail for 3 weeks each time. Even though his rights are now terminated, he still owes about 10000 in back child support and is about to be arrested again. Ahhh...karma :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
uriahadel
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:44 PM
It took them 14 months before arresting him for failure to pay child support and he is has been locked up since august of last year
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:01 PM

That seems fairly timely compared to others.  Why is he still in? That seems like a long time to be locked up.  How old is your child?

Quoting uriahadel:

It took them 14 months before arresting him for failure to pay child support and he is has been locked up since august of last year

uriahadel
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:52 PM
My child just turned 29 months and he is still in there because I dropped cs recovery and hired a lawyer because cs recovery wasn't doing a thing. They took his license and said it had to go through a process and quite frankly I was getting frustrated with them. Cs recovery took him to court three times for non payment and no proof of trying to get a job and they let him go with a slap on the wrist. I got all the paperwork, hired a lawyer, took him back to court last august, and the judge was furious, and handcuffed him right then and there... he can't get out until he pays me 3000 dollars upfront, and he is further behind in the whole. His lawyer keeps coming to me with an offer but I refuse to accept... he made me wait this long, his butt can sit in jail until he pays the full 3000, and after he does that he will be paying more in cs because I am going to take him back to court and have it doubled... his family is fighting to get him out and they are mad with me but I don't care... he helped bring a child in this world and then brag about it, well he is going to help take care of her or sit in jail until he does or his family pays but either way he is going to pay, and I don't care how just as long as he pays

Quoting Anonymous:

That seems fairly timely compared to others.  Why is he still in? That seems like a long time to be locked up.  How old is your child?

Quoting uriahadel:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
uriahadel
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:58 PM
Oh and I harrassed them from day one especially since he had the nerve to ask for a paternity test, and when cs wouldn't do anything, I finally got a lawyer who would and I called him everyday until my case was heard and he was arrested... it is the custodial's job to harrass the people who are suppose to enforce child support, if you don't then of course they won't do anything... I was going to let it go until he had the nerve to ask for a paternity test and then he was bragging to his friends that he had a baby so since he did all that then it was only right that he paid for his baby whether it is sitting in jail or financially... eventually he will have to pay financially but right now he will have to serve time until he does... and that is all his fault

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting uriahadel:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy01
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 4:04 PM
Doesn't pertain to me but, my nieces bio dad hasn't paid a dime in support since the day she was born 21yrs ago. And has never been to jail for it, has had his drivers license revoked permanatly over it but still drives anyway, and has god knows hiw many kids with other women that he never supports. Yeah he is a real piece of work.
lovemylife22606
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 4:17 PM
My ods's father is four years behind has gotten his license taken away but never has he gone to jail for it. He is suppose to pay half health care, day care and see him every other weekend. He refuses to do any of it and every time I ask about it he lies through his fucking teeth. He has seen "our" 6 year old a total of maybe a year worth of times. He is a post and even his mother told him to sign his rights over.
He has a younger son, with a friend of mine, that his younger brother takes care of. He told both of us that he wanted these children and would be there for them but he has NEVER been there for either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 9, 2012 at 4:19 PM
He hasn't paid since January 2010 and on and off for years. He owes me over $30,000.00.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN