Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm seriously freaking out! *Update*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies
11 moms liked this

Okay, so, our local news station did this contest thing in the month of November. They asked a trivia question every Thursday during the 6:00 news, and you go on their website to submit the answer. Every week they chose one correct answer and the person won a $250 Toys-R-Us gift card, and everyone who got all 4 weeks questions right was entered into a drawing for a $1,000 Toys-R-Us gift card. Well, I entered every week and never won anything, at the end they announced that the winner had been notified but I didn't win that either. It was a good try. I was willing to try ANYTHING to get my kids Christmas presents. We are so ridiculously broke that it's pathetic. Well, I was looking at the news stations website a little bit ago, catching up on the latest developments from a bad car wreck earlier tonight, when I notice a thing about the contest. I click it and it says that the winner of the $1,000 gift card didn't respond in the allotted time, so they drew a new winner and everyone should check their emails. This was posted yesterday at 5:00. I check my email, nothing. Bummer. I decide to check my SPAM folder, and there it is...I freaking won the second drawing! My kids are going to have Christmas presents! I feel like the queen of the world right now! This is truly amazing!

UPDATE

I picked up the card this afternoon! They took my photo holding it to post on the website along with my name and a "Congratulations!". I'm sure family I never hear from will be calling as soon as it gets put up. I told the lady running the contest that I plan to donate some things to Toys for Tots and she asked if I would do it during a Toys for Tots toy drive the news station is sponsoring and will be doing live check ins on the noon and 6:00 news. They want to have me be part of one of these live check ins. They want to make a big deal about how I won the contest and used it to buy gifts for needy children. I'm not sure I want to do it, that's just too public for me, I want to just drop off my donation with no fuss. I'm hitting the store tomorrow! I already went on the Toys-R-Us website and made a wish-list of what I'm going to buy. I just have to go buy it.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandora-Sparrow
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Congrats!!

rockabillybetty
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:38 AM
Woooo! Congratulations :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyner_brylee
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:38 AM
Yeah!!!!! Congratulations
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Thank you!

Quoting Pandora-Sparrow:

Congrats!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Thank you all!

LovingSAHMommy
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:39 AM

That is AWESOME. I don't know you, but I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!

areyouatroll
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:39 AM
Sweet Congrats
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywifey26
by Krissy on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:40 AM
How freaking awesome is that??!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:40 AM
Awesome
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Well hurry up and respond so they don't have another drawing...

Have a great xmas

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured