Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i seriously don't get the debate.... enlighten me? *eta*eta2*

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:21 AM
  • 334 Replies
6 moms liked this

With carseats...

Why wouldn't a mom want to follow the most up to date recommendations about safety? I'm not bashing, I'm just trying to understand. Maybe it's because my dad was a fire fighter and tells horrific stories about car crashes.... but if experts are saying rf til age 2 is SAFEST I'm going to follow it! Obviously it's your child and your choice, but I'd like to know what led you to that choice.

Please give me an intelligent explanation so I can better understand the reasoning behind early FF.

"Because I want to" "it's none of your business" "who cares" etc etc will be ignored.

Again- not bashing, just curious!

*eta*
Thank you for all the honest reasons! I can understand some of them.

My whole point was- I don't understand the whole "because I can" mentality. Some ladies gave some different reasons that make more sense.

As to the negative ladies- again- your replies won't be answered by me :)

*eta 2*

in case you were wondering, this is the one I have. 

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4360518

to correct my earlier comment- it RF until 40lbs. hopefully it will last for my DS. 

and I promise, I'm not trying to be condescending or trying to bash anyone. I have an interest in psychology and sociology- and I always wonder how or why people make certain decisions. I have tried to be respectful to those who have said more than "stfu" or something similar.

by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xomrs.chase
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:31 AM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PerfectVirgo
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:33 AM
Right! And with all the technology we have, I hate when people say "my baby gets bored and can't see anything." Get him a DVD player. $75. Now he'll sit there for all your errands happily.
edelweiss23
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:34 AM
3 moms liked this
When my son was 14 months old his legs were scrunched up to his ears when he was rear facing. His peditrician said to turn him around because he would scream the entire time he was in the car.

He was born 23 inches long and has hardly stopped growing since. He is going to be a tall boy!
xomrs.chase
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:34 AM
Lol because boredom comes before safety! Hahaha

Ds has a mirror and toys. He's content

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

Right! And with all the technology we have, I hate when people say "my baby gets bored and can't see anything." Get him a DVD player. $75. Now he'll sit there for all your errands happily.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:34 AM
2 moms liked this

I have never come across a parent who doesn't follow the recommendations.

I think the problems come from some not ERF. Those that don't do it, are bashed for it by some and are told they don't care about their kids and are bad parents.

RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I have no idea. It doesn't make sense to me either.
nathans_mom407
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:36 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm with you

xomrs.chase
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Doctor recommended is a valid answer! Thank you :)

Tall boy! My nephew was just born at 9lbs 8oz and he's like 21in long? His dad is well over 6ft so I think he'll be tall too!

Quoting edelweiss23:

When my son was 14 months old his legs were scrunched up to his ears when he was rear facing. His peditrician said to turn him around because he would scream the entire time he was in the car.

He was born 23 inches long and has hardly stopped growing since. He is going to be a tall boy!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:37 AM
5 moms liked this

BTW, no, you aren't bashing. Just condescending.

ladyraven16
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:37 AM
I think irl its a lack of education on the subject. Many moms that I know don't even know those are the new recommendations.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN