Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my rant about my niece sick kids *update*

Posted by   + Show Post

before you say that i over reacted, i should have mentioned that my son has seizures when his temp goes above 102. and last night dd ended up in the ER with a fever of 104 and no amount of motrin brought it down and she couldnt stand up. so excuse me for wanting to slap my niece for her lack of common sense. i think im entitled to an over reaction and lack of class.

by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:48 AM
It's so she doesn't have to worry about being caught in lies, her stories changing, post goes poor, so does the proof.

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

Why do you do that?

You're lucky you can in this group. There are many groups here on CM that will boot you for deleting threads and posts.

Quoting mary841108:

simply sharing, i tend to delete posts after a day or so anyways. (you asked if i deleted my pp)

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

Then why did you add another thread about this situation if you didn't care, even just a little?

Were you hoping for validation or simply sharing?

Quoting mary841108:

i care what you think why? you must have me mistaken for someone who cares about an anon opinion. bless your heart.

Quoting Anonymous:

I call bullshit on this. I think you just want a reason to blame your niece. If your kids go school they probably got it from there. If they go to daycare they probably got it from there. If they go to the store oh if they go to the store the probably got it from there. People touch doors, shelves, buggies, etc. all the time and then touch their face or put their hands in their mouth.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:49 AM

So you know for a fact no one at school or anyone else around had those symptoms also,  ya right!  Sounds like you just have a grudge against your niece and probably all teen moms so you think that gives you a reason to judge her more harshly,  you could have asked her to leave if her kids were sick,  you could have disinfected your house as soon as they left,  knowing your son has trouble with fevers you could have been proactive and made him a doctor's appointment since you KNOW they were infected but you didn't instead you just blame your niece and clearly nothing is your fault!  As I said loon!

Quoting mary841108:

same symptoms as her kids, they got sick a few days after they were here coughing all over the place, they were fine before that. so i think it is safe to assume it was them.

Quoting Anonymous:

You still never explained how you know they for sure got it from her kids and not from school or just being out in public so you still sound like a loon when you blame her kids!

Lizardannie1966
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:49 AM

They state it as part of the rules when you apply to join a group. It's the groups started by CM members.

Some will give you a warning but many of them will ban you for deleting.

It's up to the discretion of the group owner to decide what rules they have for the group.

I don't think you can "clog" up a forum, really and considering that there are pages where the threads can roll over.

Quoting mary841108:

huh? i didnt know you werent supposed to, i do it all the time so i dont clog the forums.

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

Why do you do that?

You're lucky you can in this group. There are many groups here on CM that will boot you for deleting threads and posts.

Quoting mary841108:

simply sharing, i tend to delete posts after a day or so anyways. (you asked if i deleted my pp)

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

Then why did you add another thread about this situation if you didn't care, even just a little?

Quoting mary841108:

i care what you think why? you must have me mistaken for someone who cares about an anon opinion. bless your heart.

Quoting Anonymous:

I call bullshit on this. I think you just want a reason to blame your niece. If your kids go school they probably got it from there. If they go to daycare they probably got it from there. If they go to the store oh if they go to the store the probably got it from there. People touch doors, shelves, buggies, etc. all the time and then touch their face or put their hands in their mouth.

mary841108
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:50 AM

i have a little thing called common sense and another thing called curtesy. if my kids are showing ANY symptoms, they stay home. even a few days after they seem 'better' they still stay home so we can keep it contained and dont spread it around. most people fail to do this and thats how everyone ends up getting sick because people dont seem to care about others kids. it was my dh who said until she grew up a bit and learned common sense that she wasnt allowed over, me i dont care if she does as long as her kids arent sick

Quoting Anonymous:

With a aunt like you, you wouldn't have to worry, you wouldn't be seeing your nieces and nephews anymore. Must be sad to have a aunt that's such a bitch, who thinks her children are so special. Sweetie, I'm sure you and your cesspools have spread your fair share of germs and gotten other people sick.

Quoting mary841108:

before you say that i over reacted, i should have mentioned that my son has seizures when his temp goes above 102. and last night dd ended up in the ER with a fever of 104 and no amount of motrin brought it down and she couldnt stand up. so excuse me for wanting to slap my niece for her lack of common sense. i think im entitled to an over reaction and lack of class.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Clog the forums? Really? Now I really have heard it all on CM.

Quoting mary841108:

huh? i didnt know you werent supposed to, i do it all the time so i dont clog the forums.

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

Why do you do that?

Quoting mary841108:

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

Quoting mary841108:

Quoting Anonymous:

Lizardannie1966
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:50 AM

SMH.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's so she doesn't have to worry about being caught in lies, her stories changing, post goes poor, so does the proof.

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

Why do you do that?

Quoting mary841108:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Sorry but I call bull shit. You and your kids still have spread germs. You aren't perfect my dear.

Quoting mary841108:

i have a little thing called common sense and another thing called curtesy. if my kids are showing ANY symptoms, they stay home. even a few days after they seem 'better' they still stay home so we can keep it contained and dont spread it around. most people fail to do this and thats how everyone ends up getting sick because people dont seem to care about others kids. it was my dh who said until she grew up a bit and learned common sense that she wasnt allowed over, me i dont care if she does as long as her kids arent sick

Quoting Anonymous:

With a aunt like you, you wouldn't have to worry, you wouldn't be seeing your nieces and nephews anymore. Must be sad to have a aunt that's such a bitch, who thinks her children are so special. Sweetie, I'm sure you and your cesspools have spread your fair share of germs and gotten other people sick.

Quoting mary841108:

Lizardannie1966
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:54 AM

It is a courtesy to try to not bring your kids or yourself around others when they/you are sick.

However, it can't always be helped and there is not one ounce of a 100% guarantee that your kid's got sick from your niece. It's likely, because of her own kid's, but not a for sure thing.

And as another said to you, germs are everywhere. On the doorknobs, cans and boxes of food at the grocery store, the grocery store carts, the rooms in the pediatrician's office and even the ER you went to last night.

You will never completely escape the possibility of contracting something from someone else.

Quoting mary841108:

T-HoneyLuv
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Why is it that people cannot comprehend that you are MOST contagious before you show symptoms. Do you know how many germs are floating around in the world? SMFH.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mary841108
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:55 AM

why wold i have a grudge against teen moms? i had my son at 18 i just had enough brain cells to understand that when a kid is sick or still a little under the weather, you keep them home. i lysoled the crap out of my house when they left..and actually when they were still here. my sons drs said to just wait til he shows symptoms because there really isnt anything they can do UNTIL they get sick. like i said though, he just got a cough, no fever and he is about over it. it was DD who got the worst of it.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you know for a fact no one at school or anyone else around had those symptoms also,  ya right!  Sounds like you just have a grudge against your niece and probably all teen moms so you think that gives you a reason to judge her more harshly,  you could have asked her to leave if her kids were sick,  you could have disinfected your house as soon as they left,  knowing your son has trouble with fevers you could have been proactive and made him a doctor's appointment since you KNOW they were infected but you didn't instead you just blame your niece and clearly nothing is your fault!  As I said loon!

Quoting mary841108:

same symptoms as her kids, they got sick a few days after they were here coughing all over the place, they were fine before that. so i think it is safe to assume it was them.

Quoting Anonymous:

You still never explained how you know they for sure got it from her kids and not from school or just being out in public so you still sound like a loon when you blame her kids!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)