Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Questions about after basic training .

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
While my husband is at basic, do we get a housing fee?
Also when he comes home he has to leave for AIT for 6 months , can we go with him?

I really don't know a lot about the military , thanks in advance . Branch is army
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Replies (51-52):
First_One_8_18
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Yup. Unfortunately, training bns don't really give ashit about their soldiers. You wouldn't believe what comes across my desk. And most of the time, it's because they don't feel like doing the extra paperwork or taking the responsibility of having soldiers on leave. I was only able to take 10 days, bit at least it was something!

Quoting armyvet06:

What? Thats crap. The deserve to be able to take leave. They earned their days.

Quoting First_One_8_18:

That's not true anymore! I inprocess soldiers into my base and done couldn't even get hrap to go gone and i see at least 10% not able to take leave at all. It ask depends on your ait or osut.

Forgive the typos, please. I'm Mobile and it won't let me correct them :/

Quoting armyvet06:

I can tell you though that after ait he can choose to come home for a month for leave. I dont think you get hardly any benefits until after you guys get to his first duty station either.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you .. I really need to know because if not. I would like to move for that 9 months that's he's gone

Quoting armyvet06:

I dont believe you get a housing fee while in basic. But i could be wrong. As far as ait, i knew some people had their families there but that was because they reenlisted and switched there mos. I was never married when i was in so hopefully someone can give you better info than i can.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
barrelracer1699
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:43 AM

This is also up to the commander! My husband got done reclassing and they wanted him there right then! We talked to his First SGT and was able to get him 10 days to help get moved!

Quoting armyvet06:

I can tell you though that after ait he can choose to come home for a month for leave. I dont think you get hardly any benefits until after you guys get to his first duty station either.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you .. I really need to know because if not. I would like to move for that 9 months that's he's gone

Quoting armyvet06:

I dont believe you get a housing fee while in basic. But i could be wrong. As far as ait, i knew some people had their families there but that was because they reenlisted and switched there mos. I was never married when i was in so hopefully someone can give you better info than i can.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)