Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This day should be interesting

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:09 AM
  • 13 Replies

My voice had been threatening to go into hibernation for the last two days. I woke up and it's GONE!

It's not too bad as far as my DS is concerned but I had so many classmates text me yesterday and ask if they could study with me today that I decided to just mass text everyone and call a study group day.

Basically, they'll be asking me questions and I answer. LOL it's going to be super hard to do all that. I cannot uncall it because our written final is tomorrow and then our National Registry practical final is on Wednesday.

I REALLY need my voice to come back by Wednesday. It HAS to. Why?

During the practical, we have 7 madatory stations to pass. Each station will have a different scenario focused on a specific skills. Not bad, right? WRONG......We have to VERBALIZE everything! V-E-R-B-A-L-I-Z-E lol, that's going to be super difficult to do. I can't write everything down and demonstrate, too.

OI VEY!! Why now?

HAHAHAHAHA

by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
winkyloafer
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Mine is already interesting. I asked my SO when he wants me to wake him and he said "Wednesday".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
youknowimloved
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sure there are exceptions for losing your voice. If nothing else, you can show up on test day and they will know you're not faking.

Lots of warm tea with honey, feel better :(

BeAmour
by Tonya on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:12 AM

LOL why Wednesday?

Quoting winkyloafer:

Mine is already interesting. I asked my SO when he wants me to wake him and he said "Wednesday".

rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

HONEY.  It is the best natural ingredient for your throat.  In tea, or take a couple spoonfuls.  Good luck!

winkyloafer
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:14 AM
I'll never know. He was talking in his sleep!

Quoting BeAmour:

LOL why Wednesday?

Quoting winkyloafer:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeAmour
by Tonya on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:15 AM

They'll know I'm not faking it by tomorrow when I show up :-).

They'll have to get creative, that's for sure. I have NO leway though on when to take the test.

Wednesday is the day, no make ups. You don't show up, you don't pass lol.

Plus, phase 1 graduation is on Thursday. LOL.

I'm sure they'll allow me to write things down and then demonstrate. It'll just be a lot of writing.

Or........

Because they KNOW I know what I'm doing, 1. I have the highest grade in the entire academy and 2. I was complimented by my director for having "the best knowledge of skills and demonstration" he's "ever seen in a first year". :). They could have just wave me through. LOL I doubt that would happen though.

Quoting youknowimloved:

I'm sure there are exceptions for losing your voice. If nothing else, you can show up on test day and they will know you're not faking.

Lots of warm tea with honey, feel better :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Use a dry erase board or something, the more you rest your vocal choards the faster it will come back :-)
BeAmour
by Tonya on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:18 AM

LMAO!

I hate when they do that!

My stbxh never really talked in his sleep but I have a friend who've I've become close with (not in that sense) and I sleep at his house a lot when we have an exam coming up, we study. I can hear him from the other room talking in my sleep. The first time, it freaked me out and I went in his room to make sure he was okay. LOL

Quoting winkyloafer:

I'll never know. He was talking in his sleep!

Quoting BeAmour:

LOL why Wednesday?

Quoting winkyloafer:

BeAmour
by Tonya on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Can it be like the honey from that little bear or does it have to be 100% raw honey?

Quoting rebeccab1966:

HONEY.  It is the best natural ingredient for your throat.  In tea, or take a couple spoonfuls.  Good luck!

BeAmour
by Tonya on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I'll be writing things for the study today or just point them in the direction of the book.

Quoting Anonymous:

Use a dry erase board or something, the more you rest your vocal choards the faster it will come back :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN