Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

no it doesnt make you unique it makes you stupid

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:18 AM
  • 142 Replies
19 moms liked this
Seriously if you make up a spelling for a common-ish name you can't go around getting mad at people for misspelling it and claiming its because you are unique. Stfu already and start practicing the apology for your DD when she grows up and noone can spell her name.
The end. Continue on with your morning :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:25 AM

That is what I thought when I read the reply about the name Cyril pronounced sigh-rol.  That is taking one name and trying to force your pronunciation on it.  I think I have officially seen it all now on this issue.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree. These names might sound cute as babies but they sound weird when I think of adults or middle aged people with them.
Pink.Sunshine
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:28 AM
8 moms liked this
There's nothing wrong with Treighsceee. Not one thing
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Acid
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:29 AM

I know someone who spelled her daughter's name

Ellyiottee (elliot)

Liz.Sisk
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:29 AM
My daughters name is LeAnne. People say lay-Ann. That's just retarded. Her middle name is odd but the way it's spelled makes it obvious to pronounce. There's complicated names. Then there are just plain stupid people
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Pteranodon
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:29 AM
Tho was my exact thought when my ex and his wife said they were spelling their daughters name Paitonanne (pronounced Peyton-Anne).

That poor girl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leota29
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:29 AM
I can't figure that name out.....

My DD is Michaela and the sub pediatrician we saw once acted like that was weird.... its the original spelling of it. He even asked us how to say her name. Its like uh sorry I spelled it correctly? Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

That is what I thought when I read the reply about the name Cyril pronounced sigh-rol.  That is taking one name and trying to force your pronunciation on it.  I think I have officially seen it all now on this issue.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
vrbtnseele
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:30 AM
My daughters name is pronounceable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

No. My DD's name is Ahliveea, pronounced Olivia...

kidding I so agree with you

cueballsmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:30 AM
Agreed. my caveat, all my kids have common shortenings of their names. I tell everyone, IE no Y's, it's a family thing.
Lizzie, Lori, Freddie. my nick name growing up was ie, not y, so I choose to keep that if you shorten my kids names. but I don't get all arrrg over it.lol!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)