Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the pain is making me want to vomit *TMI*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
I'm cramping to the point that the pain is making me want to vomit.
I just went to the bathroom and noticed that my poop looks like coffee grounds, but its not black its brown, like really dark brown.
I know black and coffee grounds usually signify blood, so what the hell is this? Is it normal?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:51 AM

No, that's not normal.  Can you call your doctor?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:53 AM
No he is out til Monday my only option is the Er, and a $250 copay

Quoting rebeccab1966:

No, that's not normal.  Can you call your doctor?

rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Maybe look it up on a medical website?  Type in your symptoms and maybe you can figure out what's going on and if you need to go to the ER.  And stay hydrated, drink a huge glass of water!

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Go to ER right now. Poo that looks like coffee grounds can be a sign of internal bleeding

Life in a Pagan Family (my blog)
http://lifeinapaganfamily.blog.com/
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:57 AM
Even of its not black?

Quoting wrensong:

Go to ER right now. Poo that looks like coffee grounds can be a sign of internal bleeding

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:58 AM
I'm still hydrated, but I've been drinking water like its going out of style

Quoting rebeccab1966:

Maybe look it up on a medical website?  Type in your symptoms and maybe you can figure out what's going on and if you need to go to the ER.  And stay hydrated, drink a huge glass of water!

ItsJustKell
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Do you have an urgent care near you? cheaper co-pay at least. And if you have to go to the ER they will let you pay whatever you can on your co-pay and bill you for the rest. You really should be seen. Good luck, and get feeling better!
mary841108
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

ulcer maybe or intestinal blockage. call your doctor!!! good luck mama hope you feel better!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:02 AM
They are closed on Sunday, so my only option is the ER

Quoting ItsJustKell:

Do you have an urgent care near you? cheaper co-pay at least. And if you have to go to the ER they will let you pay whatever you can on your co-pay and bill you for the rest. You really should be seen. Good luck, and get feeling better!
darcibeisheim
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:02 AM

yes.. there is a misconception that blood will look one way or the other in stool or vomitus... but it actually has many different presentations, all which give clues to where its comming from...

Coffee ground stool can indicate blood in the bowel, and can be caused by virus, chron's disease, cancer, or constipation.. You need to at least go to an urgent care, and if not available you need to go to an ER, especailly with severe abdominal pain on top of it....

Quoting Anonymous:

Even of its not black?

Quoting wrensong:

Periwinkle Awareness RibbonEsophageal Atresia Awareness

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured