Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Potluck tomorrow at work. Please help

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So tomorrow's our holiday potluck. I guess for some people this is exciting, but for me, it's something that I always dread.

I work with someone that is so nasty. She barely combs her hair, chipped fingernail polish and is just gross. We work in a healthcare setting and I've seen her do some  pretty disgusting things. I've even called her out on a few things. I have to figure out how to avoid putting anything that she prepares on my plate. I have to be very discrete about it because, in the past, I've noticed how she watches what I put on my plate. She makes comments, which is totally ignorant to me, but, whatever, she is who she is.

This is a small cry for HELP. Any suggestions?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Just be honest with her.

There is no way I am going to tell her that she's nasty and I am not eating her food. I have to work with her, remember?

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Just eat what you want. If you don't want anything she made don't eat it. If she has a problem with it, its her problem not yours. Maybe she will get the message. 

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:06 AM
What's so hard about not putting her food on your plate ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Quoting youknowimloved:

I have no patience for that kind of thing.

If she said anything to me, I would just tell her I'm very cautious of my immune system.

LOL hilarious I like it.

AdoptingMommy
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:08 AM
İf ita chicken just say i just wasnt in the mood, İ had it for dinner last night
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Quoting elephantmamaof2:

Just don't put it on your plate and if she asks why just tell her you're not crazy about whatever her dish is. But maybe you should speak to a supervisor about her hygiene issues?

The 'supervisor' is a wus

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:10 AM
Why? I've worked with people that I didn't like before and they knew it. It doesn't have to be confrontational. Your both adults so just tell her.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Just be honest with her.

There is no way I am going to tell her that she's nasty and I am not eating her food. I have to work with her, remember?

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting elephantmamaof2:

Just don't put it on your plate and if she asks why just tell her you're not crazy about whatever her dish is. But maybe you should speak to a supervisor about her hygiene issues?

The 'supervisor' is a wus

HR?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Yeah, you are right, but I guess I was just trying to be polite. I'm always guilty of that.

Quoting momUe3fgr8tteens:

Just eat what you want. If you don't want anything she made don't eat it. If she has a problem with it, its her problem not yours. Maybe she will get the message. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I refuse to eat at potlucks because of people like her. You could always order out with some friends, which is what I always did. You could have a "stomach bug" and not be hungry. You could tell her flat out "You're nasty and I'm pretty sure your food will give me e. coli so stop with the bitchy looks and move along" (lol)

Next year, suggest a cookie swap instead of a potluck so everyone has to "own" what they bring and explain what it is. Take some of hers and chuck them at home!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)