Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Potluck tomorrow at work. Please help

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So tomorrow's our holiday potluck. I guess for some people this is exciting, but for me, it's something that I always dread.

I work with someone that is so nasty. She barely combs her hair, chipped fingernail polish and is just gross. We work in a healthcare setting and I've seen her do some  pretty disgusting things. I've even called her out on a few things. I have to figure out how to avoid putting anything that she prepares on my plate. I have to be very discrete about it because, in the past, I've noticed how she watches what I put on my plate. She makes comments, which is totally ignorant to me, but, whatever, she is who she is.

This is a small cry for HELP. Any suggestions?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:51 AM
You are making this a far bigger deal than it is.
scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Glad you figured out what to do. What are you brining for the potluck?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:01 PM
Just act like she's being ridiculous. "Uh, I just don't want any chicken right now. Why are eyeing me, keeping tabs on what I'm eating?! That's a little weird!"
rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Whatever she makes, just say you're allergic!

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Tel her something n her food cuases you to have a horrible case of the shits. Tell her it tasted great last year, but you were shitting like a goose for a week after. Say it loud and proud, make sure everyone knows that her food made you SHIT like nothing ever in the history of the world before has made someone shit.

If she still keeps acting stupid, start describing the texture, smell, and color os said shit.

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:06 PM

"Accidentally" drop your piece of chicken on the floor.

Quoting Anonymous:

She said and  I'll quote "I think I'm going to bring one piece of chicken for everybody". LOL Like you are trapped into eating the one piece of chicken she prepared for you. Okay, I know it sounds like nonsense and that I am probably overreacting but this girl literally calls you out. When, like you said, it's none of her business what you chose to eat.  I have figured out how to handle her though. Thanks for your advice.

Quoting Pnukey:

I guess I'm confused. Just don't put whatever she brings onto your plate. You don't have to take some from every dish. If she asks, just say you don't feel like eating it. Anything further is none of her business. You get to pick your food, not her.

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:20 PM
This or put a small amount on your plate (not touching any other food) then only take a couple bites of everything and say you tried it but are full now.

Or eat before you go and don't eat anything.

Quoting slvr115:

Find something in her dish you can be 'allergic' to...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:24 PM

LOL another great idea! Thank you so much.

Quoting momof2boy2girl:

"Accidentally" drop your piece of chicken on the floor.

Quoting Anonymous:

She said and  I'll quote "I think I'm going to bring one piece of chicken for everybody". LOL Like you are trapped into eating the one piece of chicken she prepared for you. Okay, I know it sounds like nonsense and that I am probably overreacting but this girl literally calls you out. When, like you said, it's none of her business what you chose to eat.  I have figured out how to handle her though. Thanks for your advice.

Quoting Pnukey:

I guess I'm confused. Just don't put whatever she brings onto your plate. You don't have to take some from every dish. If she asks, just say you don't feel like eating it. Anything further is none of her business. You get to pick your food, not her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Pasta salad and it turned out so good. I made it hours ago.

Quoting scarletmeshell:

Glad you figured out what to do. What are you brining for the potluck?

kikibix
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:30 PM

I hate potlucks unless it's family that I know are hygenic in the kitchen.  There are several women at work who do not wash their hands or only run water over them for a few seconds after using the toilet.  Gross.  If they  do that in public with someone watching, what do they do at home when nobody sees?! I've had food poisoning and was hospitalized once  it was so bad, not taking a chance again if I can help it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)