Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Potluck tomorrow at work. Please help

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So tomorrow's our holiday potluck. I guess for some people this is exciting, but for me, it's something that I always dread.

I work with someone that is so nasty. She barely combs her hair, chipped fingernail polish and is just gross. We work in a healthcare setting and I've seen her do some  pretty disgusting things. I've even called her out on a few things. I have to figure out how to avoid putting anything that she prepares on my plate. I have to be very discrete about it because, in the past, I've noticed how she watches what I put on my plate. She makes comments, which is totally ignorant to me, but, whatever, she is who she is.

This is a small cry for HELP. Any suggestions?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Replies (41-43):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Well besides not combing her hair, having chipped fingernail polish and touching stuff that is supposed to be sterilized with her bare hands (She's gross! Ugh! ), she does stuff half a**. She doesn't wipe things down properly. She brings food to work and leaves used plates sitting around. She's junkie, never tidying up anything. I clean things off behind her. She's disgusting. That is all and that is enough for me not to stick anything from her kitchen,  prepared by her, in my mouth.

Quoting Anonymous:

Soooo....now that we have that figured out. I'd like to get down to the good part of this post. What are some of the nasty things you've witnessed her doing???

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting kikibix:

I hate potlucks unless it's family that I know are hygenic in the kitchen.  There are several women at work who do not wash their hands or only run water over them for a few seconds after using the toilet.  Gross.  If they  do that in public with someone watching, what do they do at home when nobody sees?! I've had food poisoning and was hospitalized once  it was so bad, not taking a chance again if I can help it.

You know they don't wash their hands at all at home. I have had food poisoning TWICE and each time I felt like I was going to die. It was horrible. I have pet peeves when it comes to the kitchen. I have separate sponges for example, cleaning the stove and countertops versus the dishes.  I think that it is very disgusting when the same dishcloth, sponge, etc. is used for dishes and countertops. That's just me. I can imagine this girl dropping stuff on the floor and exercising some dumb 5 second rule. The thought makes me nauseous. Personal hygiene is a good way to gage if a person is clean or not and she looks like she needs some help in that department, too.  

AnonymousAndrea
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:43 PM

LOL.  That's hysterical!  Who in their right mind stakes out what another person is eating????? 

There's no reason why you can't put it on your plate, completely segregated and then just throw it away maybe?  Or get a dessert plate, put her food on that and toss it?

That cracks me up that she stakes you out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN