Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

extreme pain, stupid dentist

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:55 PM
  • 4 Replies
I had three, regular molars surgically removed on Tuesday. One was infected, it is taking longer then normal this time for my mouth to heal. I have been miserable !! The pain is unbearable! My jaws hurt so bad. I cannot control it with ibuprofen. I went back in on Friday. She said she didn't see anything wrong. Saturday morning I ran out of pain pills and requested a refill through the pharmacy. Of course the dentist is closed on weekends.
Now I'm just plain miserable.
Has anybody ever experienced this type of pain in their jaws? The dentist said it was normal. I'm sure it probably is, but how did you manage to deal?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
peachykeen12
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Awww...mouth pain is the WORST! I have had some terrible pain after the dentist...and because I needed to go. It is pretty normal to feel pain all through your jaw...keep taking ibuprofen or vicodin if the dentist gave you a script! You'll be alright! AND, use it as an excuse to eat all the ice cream you want! or cake, or whatever your guilty pleasure food is.

destiny2nv
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Bump
DeathGoddess
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:03 PM

try moist heat...take a sock, fill it with rice and knot the end. Heat that in the microwave for 1 minute! then jostle the rice around and hold it on the side of the face that hurts...it will help IMMENSELY!!!

destiny2nv
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:05 PM
thank-you

Quoting DeathGoddess:

try moist heat...take a sock, fill it with rice and knot the end. Heat that in the microwave for 1 minute! then jostle the rice around and hold it on the side of the face that hurts...it will help IMMENSELY!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN