Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O who gets the kids???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
1 mom liked this
My husband and I decided together that my brother gets the kids if something happens to us.
I couldn't imagine marrying someone and not having any say in the matter. Wether it be step kids or bio kids.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:29 PM

There isn't a person in my family that I'd want our kids to go to. DH's brother and his girlfriend would be a great choice, but his brother doesn't even want kids of his own.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:32 PM
Its a hard choice :-( it hurt my moms feelings but its the best decision wet could come too

Quoting Anonymous:

There isn't a person in my family that I'd want our kids to go to. DH's brother and his girlfriend would be a great choice, but his brother doesn't even want kids of his own.

jbirdsladie27
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Our oldest son would get out youngest son and he's good with that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lilypad12788
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:34 PM
My sister gets our baby if something happens to me or my husband. Her baby will be seven months old when my baby is born, but she says she can handle it and I believe her. I trust her completely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KMadsen
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:34 PM

My mil would get my daughter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:34 PM

My DH would probably want our kids to go his parents, I want them to go to my mom. Thankfully, he has refused to do a will so I did one on my own and if something happens to us, the will says they go to my mom

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:35 PM
Mil and fil get the little ones, there's no way I would put my kids through childhood with my relatives.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:36 PM
I don't have someone I feel really comfortable having take care of my son if something were to happen to me, I need to bite the bullet and just choose someone so at least he'll stay in the family.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Sil gets the kids she said she would love to raise them if smething happened n we said we would take her kds.
ZoeCY
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:37 PM

My parents unless they are no longer able then my sister and her husband.  I completely agree with you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN