Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you lie for your DH/SO?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

My husband usually doesn't come to church with us because he is out of town or working.  Today he was in town and not working but chose not to come with us because he wanted to spend some time with his friends who are visiting from out of town.   Honestly, I don't care whether he comes to church with us or not, but it is a rather small, tight knit church and I do get asked every week where he is, how he's doing etc.  

So this morning he told me and our kids that if anyone asked where he was that instead of saying he was visiting his friends just to say his flight had gotten delayed (he came home last night) and he couldn't make it.  Once we were in the car, I told the kids that if they were asked where dad was, to tell the truth, he was visiting with friends from out of town. As far as I see it, there is nothing wrong with his reason for not attending church and I will not encourage my kids to lie, for their father (or for themselves) and especially not at church!

What would you do?  Would you lie for your DH? 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 5:38 PM
Not about something like that. People can respect his wishes or they don't need to talk to me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 5:38 PM

No, but he wouldn't ask me to either.  Our friends would understand why he wouldn't be at church.  Our own pastor will even tell you that those around you are often more important than physically going to church.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 5:39 PM

NO.  And what a bad example for the kids he is setting, and asking you to set.

Just tell the truth. He is visiting friends.

kblossom20
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Um, over something that small, yes I would. We have each others backs.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

mich.el.le
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 5:40 PM

No. What a dummy asking his kids to lie for him. What kind of example does that set? I would have been irritated with him and talked to him about it.

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

Mamabear010
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Nope, I wouldn't. I would tell the truth saying this was one of the few weekends he is in town and he wanted to spend it with friends.

But frankly, If my DH was out of town that often. I'd probably skip Church to spend it with him.

nelliesmommy
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Probably.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2012 at 5:54 PM

We usually go to church together and I don't really like his friends so it was okay.

Quoting Mamabear010:

Nope, I wouldn't. I would tell the truth saying this was one of the few weekends he is in town and he wanted to spend it with friends.

But frankly, If my DH was out of town that often. I'd probably skip Church to spend it with him.

casah4
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 5:57 PM

I would simply say, "Oh, he couldn't make it today."  It's nobody's business why he isn't there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)