Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Teens who get married are doing it just because they got pregnant!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Were you married as a teenager?

Why did you get married so early? You could be having fun in your twenties instead of paying bills!!

Did you just get married because you got pregnant and you felt as if you had to? Are you divorced now??

Post your teen wedding pics! 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I was 16 when I got married, and was 8 months pregnant when I got married.  We knew we were eventually going to get married, but yes the baby coming rushed it.  We agreed we wanted to start our child's life off with a family all under one roof, and in a stable enviroment.  never regretted it.  Money was tight, and I didn't party, but that didn't matter to me, I was happy...had a loving little family and focused on that.  Nine years and two kids later we are still married and happy.  Don't regret it at all.  And I would have had to pay bill whether I had kids and married or not.

-ZombieGirl-
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I got married 6 days after my 18th birthday. I wasn't pregnant but DH and I did alright have a children (she was 2 months at the time) 

We got married because we wanted to and DH was joining the USCG.

We still have fun by going out and I think every 20 something year old should be paying bills no matter if they're married or not.

We still are married. We been together nearly 9yrs and married for nearly 6yrs.

Sunshine201
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I got married at 20  and  yes..i was pregnant...we had been together since I was 15... I had my son was born right after I turned 21.... we have been married for 21yrs now...and yes we did speed things up because of the pregnancy....

moneysaver6
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:40 PM
We weren't in our teens, but we got married young. I was 20 & DH was 22 when we got married. We had our first child when I was 22 & DH was 24. We've been married for over 15 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:41 PM
In my HS, we had a couple of girls that were married before we hit our Junior year. None of them ended up pregnant before our senior year and to my knowledge they're all still married.
ecerka
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:41 PM
Got married a week before I was 18 have been married for 21 years and we didn't have a child until 2 1/2 years ago. I had a great 20s and 30s had my dd at 37
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamaeagle216
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:41 PM
We got married at 19 and didn't have children until two years later when we were 21. We are still together, been married 5+ years. We met when we were 11 and have been together ever since.
We chose our life. We planned it together. And we love it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Yes, 17.

Because I felt I was ready and wanted it. Being married doesn't limit fun things I want to do. I would have to pay bills in my twenties either way.

No. I got pregnant AFTER marriage. Not divorced.

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:42 PM

my parents got married at 19.....no kids until 28.  

AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:42 PM

My grandparents married as teens... they are still married 60 years later. No, they weren't pregnant. Lol.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)