Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teens who get married are doing it just because they got pregnant!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Were you married as a teenager?

Why did you get married so early? You could be having fun in your twenties instead of paying bills!!

Did you just get married because you got pregnant and you felt as if you had to? Are you divorced now??

Post your teen wedding pics! 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Replies (111-114):
mommieof3_752
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:42 PM

yes he was 17

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mommieof3_752:

I got married when I was 15. I was prego but did not get married bc I was prego. We could have been together even if we weren't married. We loved each other and knew we wanted to be together. We now have 3 beautiful children and are still so in love. Feb. 15 2013 will be our 8 yr anniversary. I have no regrets. I dont care that I "missed out" on having fun...or whatever the teen moms bitch about these days. I love my children and I have a blast with them and have had a blast raising them. My dh graduated right b4 our first was born. He went into the oil field and we have never wanted for anything. He has been the most amazing husband I could ever ask for. He has supported our family very well. I hate the teen parent stereotype...we are not all like that.

so he was a senior?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Dh and I got married young. I was 18 and dh was 3wks from 21.
We had been engaged for a year already.
I was 6.5 months pregnant at our wedding. We were going to wait but dh got deployment orders, so you could say we pushed it ahead for insurance reasons.

We are still married 5.5yrs later and are actually at a really good point in our relationship.
With 2.5 kids.
We have not stoped having fun by anymeans. This summer we went skydiving for the first time for. Our aniversary. Then dh took me to a concert for my birthday and we actually started going dancing occaionally!

I don't think I missed out on too much having married and having kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:49 PM

married at 18. We were in love and wanted to live together but he wasin  the military and had to stay in the dorms unless he was married. we didn't get pregnant until four months after we got married. we are still married and have two more kids. I had all the 20s fun when i was in high school. The first half of high school wellll I sent half of high school drunk off my ass (9th and 10th grade) I almost drowned at a rave the summer before 11th and that scared me straight...I really had no social life seeing as I'm a total geek and had only a few close friends. I wanted to get into Redlands, my dad went there and I did but decided not to go. I really was only doing it for my dad and i didn't want do something because he wanted it, I wanted to go to a school I wanted and do what i wanted. kwim? Also I knew my husband for close to a decade before we were married. Family friends

TattooedMomto4
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:26 AM

I don't know too many non-married, childless 20-something year olds who don't have bills to pay. My sons are 26, 25, 22 and 21 and the 26, 22 and 21 year olds are not married and are  childless. They still have rent, car payments, groceries, gas for their cars, cell phone bills, etc. to pay. They go out every now and again but for the most part they are busy with college (the 26, 22 and 21yos are all in college) and work. They are responsible for themselves just like we were. Their 20-something friends who have no children all live on their own and pay their own bills. None of their parents are still taking care of them.

Hubby and I were 18 and 19 when we got married after knowing each other for 20  days (no wedding pics, we got married by a JP) and we got married because the sex was awesome and we enjoyed hanging out. I got pregnant less than a month after we got married and had 4 children before I turned 25. We are now 45 and 46, are still married (very happily...sex is still awesome and we still enjoy hanging out) and we are enjoying life with 4 grown sons. We do all of the same things (concerts, travelling, going to see movies, going out to eat, etc.) that we did when we were in our 20's and 30's but we don't have to pay a sitter while we do those things. I wouldn't trade enjoying life NOW with marrying young and having my family young for anything in the world. I am still young at 45 and am enjoying life with my hubby. We just did it in a slightly different order. I couldn't imagine being 45 with all of my kiddos under 10. I enjoy being able to get up and go whenever we want to now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured