Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Teens who get married are doing it just because they got pregnant!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Were you married as a teenager?

Why did you get married so early? You could be having fun in your twenties instead of paying bills!!

Did you just get married because you got pregnant and you felt as if you had to? Are you divorced now??

Post your teen wedding pics! 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Replies (21-30):
elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Quoting tifbrown:

I got married at 19, it was 13 days before my 20th birthday. While I was pregnant, pregnancy was not the reason for marriage. We had planned to get married the following summer, but with a baby on the way we bumped it up a year. No one pressured us and we didn't feel forced. We didn't want to live together before marriage, so it all kind of fell into place. We have been married almost 4.5 years, have 2 beautiful girls and are very happy. 

Crazy, pretty much exactly our story! We recently just celebrated 5 years!

tifbrown
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Congrats to you guys :)

Quoting elephantmamaof2:

Quoting tifbrown:

I got married at 19, it was 13 days before my 20th birthday. While I was pregnant, pregnancy was not the reason for marriage. We had planned to get married the following summer, but with a baby on the way we bumped it up a year. No one pressured us and we didn't feel forced. We didn't want to live together before marriage, so it all kind of fell into place. We have been married almost 4.5 years, have 2 beautiful girls and are very happy. 

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:43 PM
I got married at 19. We already had children, I was not pregnant.
We got married because we love each. We are still married and expecting #4.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Quoting tifbrown:

Congrats to you guys :)

Quoting elephantmamaof2:

Quoting tifbrown:

Congrats to you as well! Even how close we got married to our birthdays is crazy, I got married 16 days before my 20th in November, and we had been planning for a wedding the following summer! Yay for successful young families! =)

Liz.Sisk
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:46 PM
My mom's mom forced her to marry at 17. So they could leave without taking her. No she wasn't pregnant and did not get pregnant until she was in her 20s. I got married at 18. I was not pregnant. I had my daughter a month before I turned 20. I got married in the courthouse. I don't do dress up waste thousands of dollars for one day crap. Way cheaper to do court house.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mweddle
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I got married at 19.  I did so because I was in love with my husband and he asked me to marry him.  He had a house and a stable job and I was in college and working so I said yes.  :)  We had plenty of fun in our twenties, trust me.

We weren't pregnant and we can't get that way and I didn't feel pressured to get married at all.  I WANTED to.  We are still married and have been for 10 years.

I don't have any wedding pics on the computer because my wedding was pre-digital camera days.  lol.  BUT here is a pic I scanned to the computer from about a month before our wedding.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:49 PM
I got married at 16 and got pregnant 2 months after we got married. I don't post pictures on the Internet but no we aren't divorced and we are about to have #3
mitsukai127
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:50 PM
I was 19 and dh was 21 when we got married. We didnt get pregnant till a few weeks later. We will be married 5 years next month. My husbands grandmother got married when she was 14. She was with her husband till the day he died.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
StoneColdKiller
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:53 PM
I was 18 when I got married and got married for love.

Most 20 year old I know have bills. If not getting married ment no bills you know how many single people there would be.

I also had a blast in my early 20s, with my husband.

We didn't have our first kid until we were 25 and 26 years old. We are now 30 (almost 31) and 32 years old and happily married for 12 years. This summer will be 13 years.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Why did they want to leave without her??

Quoting Liz.Sisk:

My mom's mom forced her to marry at 17. So they could leave without taking her. No she wasn't pregnant and did not get pregnant until she was in her 20s. I got married at 18. I was not pregnant. I had my daughter a month before I turned 20. I got married in the courthouse. I don't do dress up waste thousands of dollars for one day crap. Way cheaper to do court house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)