Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Teens who get married are doing it just because they got pregnant!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Were you married as a teenager?

Why did you get married so early? You could be having fun in your twenties instead of paying bills!!

Did you just get married because you got pregnant and you felt as if you had to? Are you divorced now??

Post your teen wedding pics! 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Replies (41-50):
Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:24 PM

I married at sixteen. Nope, I wasn't pregnant and didn't get pregnant for a few years. Still married to the same man.

billiejo79
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:25 PM

My cousin got married 8days before his 18th bday and 3 months before his wifes 17th bday. An no she wasn't pregnant and they didn't get pregnant with their first until about 18 months after they were married. They have been married for 11 yrs and have 4 kids.

rawrmommysaurus
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:26 PM

false!  I got married when I was 18, and was not pregnant.  about 3 weeks later, found out that we had a honeymoon baby.  We have been married 9 years now.

PhoenixsMommy10
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I got married at 19, and no I wasn't pregnant (I actually started my period that day).

And yes we are still married.

KColeman90
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:28 PM

My husband and I got married when I was 18 and he was 20 my daughter was 6 months old at the time we got married because we genuinely loved each other and wanted a family together 2 yrs later were expecting again and I wouldn't trade him in for the world =)

Pink.Frosting
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I was 19 when I got married.  I was *not* pregnant - I was a virgin as a matter of fact.  We did not conceive until 2 years later.  We've been married for 18 years.  Getting married when we did has served us very well and we are very happy.  I would not change it. 

Our home and family life has always been fun to me.  There's not any amount of partying or whatever else you might think I could have been doing that would have been appealing to me.  So many times my husband and I have seen all the drama and heartache going on in the world among singles and we just look at each other say how thankful we are that we're not out in that. 

kissmiss213
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:30 PM

not neccessarily. some do it to escape a hard home life. my sm married her first husband when she was 15, and THEN got pregnant so that her family would allow it (cause she forged her birth certificate to get married in the first place). she stayed with him until she met my dad :/ who was also married :/ i got married at 18, i wasnt pregnant, but we did have a child together. however we had talked about getting married BEFORE i found out i was pregnant, we just werent expecting it so soon.

MooreBoysMama
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:31 PM
I got married when I was 19. DH was 20. When I was 37 we had our first child. Second child when I was 39. In July we will be married 24 years.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nataliesmom2012
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I got married two weeks after I graduated high school. I loved him. He loved the fact that I was leaving for boot camp so I was about to get a decent paycheck (better than what I was getting at the time as a waitress). I married for love. He married for love of money. We never got pregnant together. We're divorced. I got pregnant after we were already separated and he got someone else pregnant a few months before I got pregnant.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Well, I got married at 19, I was pregnant with baby #2, (baby #1 was 13 months old at the wedding) We had been dating for four years prior to conceiving though, so it wasn't a whirlwind wedding.

My mother had me at 17 and still has never been married. Not that she didn't live with my "dad" ( he is definitely my siblings dad, but I don't know that he is mine, and when I ask they both avoid the topic) They "divorced" last year.

It was important to me that my kids have more stability then that, my dd (baby #1) was given DH's name right off the bat, and once I finished my last few months of high school I moved in with him and his family.

A year later, almost to date of our engagement, we got married.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)